Page 91 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

Nintendo Switch Lite is official

199 dollars, no detachable joycons, better d-pad, smaller display (5.5 vs 6.2), same resolution (720p), no more adjustable brightness, slightly better battery life, 3 colours (grey, yellow and turquoise), no compatible with kickstand, no possible to connect to a TV. Wi-fi, BT, NFC still present.

" The Nintendo Switch Lite device can play all games in the Nintendo Switch library that support handheld mode, Nintendo says, noting that “some games will have restrictions.” " Oh boy.

MEH for me, but I'm not sold about the original Switch either.

The DS replacement! Each kid gets one!

Junior Potato
    I like it, but I won’t be buying one. I’ve already got a Switch! However I’m watching closely for any announcement of the previously rumoured Switch Pro.

But somewhat weirdly, if it was even smaller (iPhone plus size or smaller) I’d be more interested.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    MEH for me, but I'm not sold about the original Switch either.
    Yeah nah, if you’re not sold now you never will be.

Though I do strongly recommend you at least try Breath of the Wild on an emulator. If you like it enough then that might be worth buying a 2nd-hand Switch to play it everywhere you go.

CemU for the WiiU version, Yuzu for the Switch version.

You’ll get access to fully portable Doom, Wolfenstein and Skyrim too, don’t forget.

Just sayin.

Neat, a Sony PSP.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    "Hey, can you get the switch lite" ..........lights go off

"NO, not the light switch, the Switch Lite"

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Yeah nah, if you’re not sold now you never will be.

Though I do strongly recommend you at least try Breath of the Wild on an emulator. If you like it enough then that might be worth buying a 2nd-hand Switch to play it everywhere you go.
    CemU for the WiiU version, Yuzu for the Switch version.
    You’ll get access to fully portable Doom, Wolfenstein and Skyrim too, don’t forget.
    Just sayin.
    I'm not just that kind of player. When I'm travelling I'm usually listening music or watching a tv series/YouTube or I'm with company, so no videogames.
    And I'm not much of a mobile player either (Got sucked into Motorsport Manager 3 for almost a month, shrugged it off. Then it has been 2 weeks that I'm playing AFKarena on my phone, but getting bored as well).
    When I'm at home... well, I've my gaming PC, and the old rig (till the PSU won't explode again) hooked to the 4K tv to mimic a 4K console with old games (i.e. Grid Autosport = 4K 30fps stable with same levels of details as a current gen console).

So, I've not much use for it. Also I've never been into Nintendo games with the exception of Zelda.
    I've tried BotW Wii U with Cemu on my rig: it went smooth at 30fps in 1080p with enhanced stuff (new Cemu version and some fiddling fixed any lag).
    It was fun, then the emulator wasn't capable of loading it anymore.
    While it was fun I wasn't exactly sold on the playability of the character (compared to The Witcher 3 which I'm still playing) and on some part of the graphics: the cel shading look seems to me unfinished and unpolished, and everything seems to be smeared with some kind of misty veil of very light greyness (dunno if I'm able to explain properly the result).
    So, good but not masterpiece to me.

I've played all those games: finished Doom on my rig, finished all the Wolfenstein games that ever came out (beside the latest one DLCs and the disappeared game from 2004 - that gave me continous motion sickness), Skyrim played both standard and Special Edition finishing the main quest years before deciding to finally uninstall it (The Witcher 3 surpassed Skyrim and is now my open world fantasy game to go when on PC), and I don't usually replay games.

I don't discuss the merits of the Switch (which are going to be moot on the Lite, which is just a Gameboy Advance or DS successor) but really there's no appeal to me to spend over 400 euro to get the standard console, the pro controller and a copy of BotW.
    I'd be better off buying a second hand Wii U and an used copy of BotW, but then I'd rather buy an used Xbox One S (which I'm pondering to do) as a cheap 4K blu-ray player to use with my 4K tv.

And yes, Nate is right: PSP (Vita) vibes!

The Verge: Nintendo announces updated Switch with better battery life.
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/17/2...e-improvements

The standard version of the Switch is being updated with a new chip that will greatly increase battery life. The battery range will now be 4.5-9 hours. The price and name will remain the same.

The Verge: One of Nintendo’s new Joy-Con color schemes is basically Waluigi-themed.
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/17/2...yellow-waluigi

Also, new color combinations for JoyCon will be released: purple and orange (!!!), and blue and yellow.

Junior Potato
    Time to check the internet and see how angerrry ppl are about this new Switch.

Because they sure were angry about the Lite.

People love to get angry about everything.