Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

Administrator
    I guess one of these days I should try to actually play through BotW. I stopped playing Animal Crossing when I made a trip to Austin last October and haven't touched the Switch since.

Junior Potato
    It isn't explained very well at all in the game (if it is, I haven't seen it) but if you make a mistake in assembling a contraption, you can separate a part by grabbing it as you normally would, then wiggle the right stick a few times and it'll pop off.

I had to Google for that.

Just be sure not to do that to a central part, or one with many pieces attached to it, as it removes all joint connections for that piece.

Moving on...

My playthrough has been okay so far. I replayed BotW a few months ago so wasn't super juiced to play more, but I'm pleasantly surprised that things are different enough to make it intriguing. The same-but-different experience of Hyrule is really cool.

But, I'm restarting the game because I decided to fire it up on Yuzu. This amounts to a day-and-a-half of progress being lost, but the extra resolution and framerate is very much worth it.

My 2nd trip through the starting sky island went in an entirely different direction and I discovered heaps of things I missed first time, leaving me much better equipped than before. If you're not an emulator guy, I highly recommend going back up to the island and seeking out these nooks and crannies. Hint: look for the dual-rail minecart track.

Accidentally deleted my "Happy Zelda Day" post (getting a screenshot of how one accidentally deletes a post on the mobile site), but the energy remains. I've played a lot and enjoyed it a lot. I desperately need to upgrade my armor, because even standard bokoblins are melting my current total max 11 rated armor. I found one great fairy, but she made a request that I have no idea how to progress on. I haven't gotten to the point where I want to just find a guide yet, I keep assuming I'll stumble onto the right thing as I have for so many other things.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Yeah I am the same. I am avoiding ANY articles on stuff in the game. I like to find out for myself. I'd be posting here more but I'm conscious of spoilering it for you and others who might be doing the same.

I've found 3 fairy fountains now and interacted with 2. Yeah... got no idea.

Sadly this time round I have way less time to really dive deeply into it (I booked a week off work when that came out) so it has been a slow burn for me. I only completed the Rito sky ark temple thing yesterday. That adventure up through the floating islands and into the storm above Hebra Mountains built itself really well. Music, atmosphere... everything!

I took a the day off work, but ended up only having the morning. I've been sneaking in 20 minutes here and there during lunch and breaks at work, and my semi-regular sim racing nights with a friend have just become we both play Zelda nights.

Junior Potato
    Hiiiiiiiiii

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Of what?

That's not a shield. That's me.

My legs and feet may look odd, but I promise you that's really what I look like.

Junior Potato
    I figured out how you can replace images with other images in the save folder on PC.