Page 86 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

Junior Potato
    Amazon has them but ship within 1-2 months, plus from what I can gather they only take one controller at a time. I’ve ordered the genuine Nintendo one but it has the same shipping lead time. It’ll come from the US so it’s another 3 weeks to get here. So, maybe March?

The other option is to go to eBay and buy one at price-gouge rates, so I might just buy a knock-off one of questionable quality and use it until the genuine one arrives.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...tem-Generation

Quote Originally Posted by BusinessWire
    Nintendo Switch has become the fastest-selling video game system of this hardware generation through 21 months, according to The NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. From its launch in March 2017 through November 2018, Nintendo Switch has sold more than 8.7 million units, outpacing U.S. sales of all other current-generation systems at the same point in their life cycles.

Nintendo is also the overall top-selling U.S. software publisher so far for 2018, according to NPD data through November.
    This is before Smash launched, and only a couple weeks of Pokemon... not a bad rebound for Nintendo

Junior Potato
    That’s impressive. Can it topple PlayStation 4?

I doubt it, but I like seeing it try.

Though, as I say from time-to-time, the Pokemon factor is huge. Once that new standalone title hits in the next 18-24 months, it’ll be game on.

Smash Ultimate is pretty fun. I disabled directional-up for jump and it seems to help my fighting. I'm currently using Kirby as main but I might be switching over to Meta Knight soon.

I really like the feature where you can save preset rules/levels. I made a Street Fighter template where they're stamina matches (emulates a power bar with points), lowered gravity, no items, stages with no platforms. You can also enable a power bar that charges for a special attack.
    Last edited by DelSolMan; December 19th, 2018 at 03:08 PM.

Junior Potato
    I want to set up a Pokémon-only ruleset. Pokémon stages, characters and Pokéballs-only. That’s be fun, I just have to unlock everyone first…

Speaking of unlocking (and character mains) I think I’m having the best success with Yoshi so far. His low powered-but-fast attacks seem to help me get on top of stronger characters. For example, I’ve tried and failed about five times to beat Solid Snake with a range of characters. My old favourite Link, allegedly OP Bayonetta, all-rounder Mario… then I used Yoshi and minced him real quick.

It led me to think that Snake would be a powerful fighter, but when I gave him a go I hated it! The smash attacks are just too slow for me to get a hang of. Maybe only a true Smash master can play him properly. Yoshi is great fun to play.

It's dirty and boring but my method of unlocking characters is to Kirby fly and down+B into a brick until they're dead.

Nintendo Direct scheduled for Wednesday February 13, 5 PM EST. 35 minutes long, haven't seen what it will be about.

According to Polygon, there's a short press release that says it will be "information on upcoming Nintendo Switch titles, including details on Fire Emblem: Three Houses.”

Fingers crossed for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 information.

The whole thing:

A playlist so you can watch specific trailers/info: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...NkYp8YCWgkIqAY

Arguably the biggest news: Super Mario Maker 2

That for which I have the most excitement: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order - online co-op confirmed, team-up moves, releasing in the summer.

This just looked fucking bonkers: Astral Chain

The finishing move: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Original gameplay, new graphics.

Last edited by Kchrpm; February 13th, 2019 at 02:40 PM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    I’m turgid with excitement for Zelda, of course. Even if it’s a remake and I’ve already bought it on Game Boy and I could play it right now on any emulator.

But I may be slightly turgider for Astral Chain. That looks like it’s right up my alley!