Page 57 of 100 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

NBA 2K18 launching on September 19th. First big licensed sports game? I'll likely buy it, I've been tempted several times now and the Suns might be a really fun team to play as.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Alright, so I'm a couple months into ownership and bought way too many games as a sign of 'support' (aka being a fanboy). Now that my excitement has worn down a little, I'm making a worth it/not worth it list:

Worth it:
    - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild ($60)
    - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe ($60)
    - Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap ($20)
    - Fast RMX ($20)
    - Graceful Explosion Machine ($13)
    - Snipperclips ($20)

Not Worth it:
    - Lego City Undercover ($60)
    - Snake Pass ($20)
    - Human Resource Machine ($10)
    - NBA Playgrounds ($20)

By "worth it" I mean, do I feel I got my money's worth out of the game. Is it a good experience? Is there enough of the good experience for the money spent?

The 'not worth it' list doesn't necessarily mean they are bad games, I just haven't really gotten into them. Lego City seems like a fun time, but I still haven't eagerly launched it, so maybe my opinion will change in time, who knows. Snake Pass is decent, but it has somewhat frustrating controls, and the graphics are low resolution. Human Resource Machine... love the idea and the art, I'm just too dumb to get past a certain point, that's actually a game that maybe shouldn't be in that list, but whatever. NBA Playgrounds is a fun concept, but some frustrating mechanics, graphical issues, and general slowness hold it back. If they patch it up, it'll go into the worth it category.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    NBA 2K18 launching on September 19th. First big licensed sports game? I'll likely buy it, I've been tempted several times now and the Suns might be a really fun team to play as.
    I just hope 2K does a better job porting it to the Switch than other 3rd parties have done so far.

The economy must be booming in US to be spending 300 dollars in videogames in just a couple of months.

I'm roughly middle class (relative to DC), with no family to support, limited debts, and I don't really do much socially. I'm fortunate to have expendable income.

That sounded more bitchy that it was intended. Your money, your choice how to spend it. It did just felt a little bit too much for videogames, but that's just my opinion.
    And yes, probably 150$ per month is less a big sum than it is here.

America Is Great Again, Blerp.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    That sounded more bitchy that it was intended. Your money, your choice how to spend it. It did just felt a little bit too much for videogames, but that's just my opinion.
    And yes, probably 150$ per month is less a big sum than it is here.
    Oh I freely admit I spent too much, and it's not my normal buying pattern at all. I was just talking to Keith this morning that there's really nothing upcoming for the Switch that I'm planning on buying at the moment. E3 may change that.

My next game purchase is likely to be Horizon Zero Dawn. Which sadly I can't bring with me in my bag

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    America Is Great Again, Blerp.
    That seems a bit of a debate.
    But aside from Trump's stuff, is undeniable that different countries have different prices and costs among categories of objects.
    Case in point, one of my best friends is for the nth time in US, working on her own video stuff and living at her uncle's family place, and like always she keeps telling me the cost of eating out or going to see a movie at cinemas is absurd in there, not only compared to usual cheap southern Italy but even Italy as whole.

OTOH many times in here, and not only in this forum, discussion about buying hardware and PC stuff really indicates how much cheaper is to buy electronics over North America, especially US, compared to Italy, especially the islands.
    Enough Off Topic, I apologize for the digression.

Switch is doing ok in here but I know only two people with them, incidentally same age as me.
    My cousin is 15 and has a big group of friends: none of them is interested the slightest in the Switch... they all have Xbox One or PS4, few a gaming PC. This actually has surprised me more than anything.
    And everyone, I mean everyone of them, has brand new iPhones or high price Android devices (almost always Samsung).
    Anedoctal I know... may be the none to be seen marketing and advertising for the Switch in here is the culprit. It has sold, but you can easily go in shops to see huge amount of them on the shelves.

Nintendo isn't popular with teenagers because it's seen as 'kid stuff'. So kids, and adults who don't give a shit anymore tend to like Nintendo.