Page 79 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

Junior Potato
    That is a ridiculous number of units sold. Absolutely nuts. The first year rode on a wave of standard releases (for Nintendo) with Zelda, MK8, Splatoon, Mario+Rabbids, Odyssey and a sense of coolness and practicality.

The first half of year two has given us an array of ports and Labo. The big Christmas release is going to be Smash 5, and we know for sure that we have Pokemon and Metroid waiting in the wings, but they’re a way off. I’m just wondering if there is anything coming that will fill the gap between Labo and Smash and really keep the momentum going. Could we be getting an E3 surprise with a big Pokemon blowout for a 2018 release?

Hell, it got me to buy a Nintendo system for the first time since the SNES.

One upside of that is that I don't mind that a lot of the games are Wii U ports, since I missed out on them the first time. My wife pre-ordered Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, and I pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors. I've played some Dynasty Warriors games before, but not since the PS2 era.

I'm looking forward to Hyrule Warriors, and I just gifted my parents my Wii U, so the more ports the merrier!

Seriously, I would love to get my Disney Infinity on. #ainthappening

I got a Pro Controller so we can do local co-op Hyrule Warriors.

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

Online Play
    Battle it out or cooperate with players around the world in compatible games like Splatoon™ 2, ARMS™, Mario Kart™ 8 Deluxe, Mario Tennis™ Aces, and Sushi Striker™: The Way of Sushido.

Nintendo Entertainment System™ – Nintendo Switch Online
    Enjoy 20 NES games with added online play for the first time ever, and more games added regularly.
    Soccer | Tennis | Donkey Kong | Mario Bros. | Super Mario Bros. | Balloon Fight | Ice Climber | Dr. Mario | The Legend of Zelda | Super Mario Bros. 3
    With online play added to every classic game, you can compete (or cooperate) online with friends, share your screen, or pass the controller, depending on the game. With the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app, you can also voice chat during your play sessions.

Save Data Cloud Backup
    Save your data online for easy access. Details about this feature will be available before the paid service launches in September.

Nintendo Switch Online app
    Enhance your online experience for compatible games with this smartphone app.*

Special Offers
    Stay tuned for news on special deals and offers for members.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Individual membership (One per each Nintendo Account holder.)

1 Month
    $3.99 USD

3 Months
    $7.99 USD

12 months
    $19.99 USD

Family membership (A Nintendo Account holder may invite up to seven others to join a family group; all members of the group will have access to Nintendo Switch Online.)

12 Months
    $34.99 USD
    Get that weak shit off my track

The wife is enjoying Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze thus far.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...-charging-dock

The Adjustable Charging Stand is what it sounds like: a charging dock with a kickstand of its own that can be set to various angles. You can plug the Switch's regular AC adapter into the stand for power; there's no HDMI output, mind, so this isn't a full replacement for the TV dock. Really, though, at $19.99 it might be worth picking up just to have a better kickstand. It'll be available on July 13th.

Junior Potato
    ^ commenters on news pages seem to be really confused about what that dock is for. People think it’s an overpriced replacement for the included dock, while others are afraid that it might brick their consoles like the unlicensed Nyko mini docks sometimes did. Nope. It’s just a stand with a USB-C pass through.

Meanwhile, has anyone tried this?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...pro-controller

I have and it works great. I tried it with Portal 2, and it includes full stick+gyro aiming like in Breath of the Wild. Though I wish there was an easy way to smooth out or reduce the gyro sensitivity, as it is very jittery and twitchy. And did you know, that if you pair the Switch controller with a PC, there’s a blue light around the home button? I’ve never seen it before!

Junior Potato
    I don’t even know what this is but I want it.

It looks like it has cloned all the great genres: Wave Race, Pilotwings, Wii Sports, Beetle Adventure Racing, Air Boarder 64, Chopper Attack, Splatoon and, erm, Abzū. Being a Wii port from its shovelware days, it should be cheap.