Page 11 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

Quote Originally Posted by Fils-Aime
    "One of the things that we have to do better when we launch the NX—we have to do a better job communicating the positioning for the product."

Maybe try advertising?

On more than just Disney XD
    Get that weak shit off my track

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/nintend...tipster-552834

More rumors yaaaaaaay. I don't know why this person is renowned as a tipster, and don't want to research it, so yeah.

Now, renowned Nintendo tipster Emily Rogers shared three new tweets with new claims regarding the mysterious NX. First, a Nintendo NX prototype console features a 6.2-inch 720p multi-touch screen. However, it is unclear whether the final design will have a bigger or smaller screen size.

Second, the NX will feature a USB dock station with possibly two USB ports. Again, the number may change in the final product.

Finally, reports from game blog MCV regarding developer Game Freak bringing a game to the NX console may be true. Game Freak has been the maker of Nintendo's handheld titles and if the rumors are true, then Game Freak could likely bring a Pokémon title to the NX.

720p? 6.2 inches?

720P?

If you're playing games and not reading a bunch of text, 720p seems reasonable at that size.

yeah. I suppose.

But, most all cell phones are 1080. The Nexus 6 is 2k. And the Note 7 which is a similar size is 4k.

And people like to compare numbers.

The Note 7 isn't 4K, it's only 2K. Only the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium was 4K. Your point still stands, though, but only to spec nerds who were never going to buy a Nintendo-style console anyway.

I think 720p at $300-$400 w/1080p output to TVs will be ok, and I'm pretty confident that NX games will look better at 720p than iOS/Android phones games at whatever resolution.

Junior Potato
    Compare that to a 3DS main screen: 800x240 at 3.5 inches (4.9 on the XL).

They're basically less than doubling the size but more than doubling the vertical resolution over the 3DS. This is fine with me; the 3DS has a blocky-as-heck screen if you're spoiled by looking at Retina screens on an iPhone, but you get used to it.

The Wii U Gamepad comes in at the same size but 854x480 resolution. I've had almost zero experience looking at one of these so I've got nothing to say about what they look like, but I can only imagine that off-screen play on one wouldn't be too bad considering what it is. Literally wirelessly streamed video that was originally rendered at 1080p. I think a 720p handheld screen will be great.

Remember the main thing is what its performance will be when connected to the TV and used like a traditional games console. It really doesn't have to do much more than allow a bump in power over the current Power PC architecture that they've been using since the Gamecube. If it's going to be an Nvidia Tegra then what's the problem? I know it's equivalent to stuff that's a generation behind the latest and greatest in a mobile form-factor, but it's all about the gaaaaammmmeezzzz man. If I can play Breath of the Wild on it, then I don't care if it's being drawn in stone and I have to wait 20 seconds for the next frame to be hand carved in it with a chisel.

Junior Potato
    Next big rumour to hit the rumour-o-sphere: NX will be region free.

Oh I bloody hope so!

Junior Potato
    So, Tokyo Game Show is coming up in the next few weeks. Do we dare dream of some sort of announcement to coincide with the event?

I dearly want to wake up one morning to see the blue light on my 3DS lit up to tell of a new message from Nintendo, that there's a Direct available to watch.

GIVE IT TO ME