Page 32 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

Junior Potato
    Nup. Still not as good as Rob vs Docksyde. Keep trying.

Nate's natural tone is condescension and argument starting. That's just how he talks and thinks.

And I was explaining why I didn't think what you suggested (or just "said" if you want to be pedantic on whether or not you actually suggested that it was a better idea) would bring them new followers. I'm glad we lived up to all of your dreams and desires by giving actual reasoned, thought out answers to your simple musings about what they obviously should have done even though you never really cared anyway.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Could be. You *really* wanted me to say x64 console, though.
    Or maybe he thought you had thought out more than the simplest "a new box with more power" that has no creativity or realism considering the players involved.

I'll own being condescending or angry about something but it simply isn't a factor here.
    Perhaps "being dismissive because you don't give a fuck and therefore enjoy messing with people who have actually thought about it and care at least a little about the outcome" is more accurate.

I just don't get why people have to posture and twist everything into a conflict just to get their opinion out there. You like Nintendo and you like this iteration of their console lineage. Awesome. You're not under attack, go enjoy it, let us know how it is. It's not a zero-sum game, my enjoyment of my console doesn't take away from your enjoyment of yours, and vice-versa.
    You said what you think would have been more effective for them in gaining more followers. We said why we think you were wrong, and used data and reasoning. Therefore you're under attack. Got it.

To be clear, THIS is you being under attack. Pointing out you being petty and accusatory rather than just admitting maybe you don't know what the fuck you're talking about for once.

Whatever. I might buy one and if I do I won't have time to play any of the games I buy for it. I WIN

Junior Potato
    Here's a list of confirmed titles for Switch, for 2017 (but expect a few to be delayed into 2018).

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201..._release_dates

I'll outline below the ones I will be likely to buy. I probably won't buy all of them, but I'd be looking very intently at them.

TLOZ:BOTW
    Mario Kart 8
    RiME
    Sonic Mania
    Shovel Knight
    Splatoon 2
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Xenoblade 2
    Stardew Valley
    Yooka-Laylee

And if you're in the market for these games but haven't bought them on other platforms yet, both FIFA, Steep and Skyrim would be well worth it.

That's 13 games worth looking at if you include the last three, just for 2017. Hidden in that pile would be quite a few hidden gems or niche JRPG-type titles that the kiddies go bonkers for. I hate* to be the guy that always has to defend the Switch, but to me that seems like plenty. If I compare it to my PS4 collection, if I ignore all the free PS+ indie shite I have only got about 15 games which I actually paid for going back to 2014. My pile of Xbone games includes two Halos and two Forzas and I only paid for one of those!

* Yeah nah I actually love it lol

I may get around to playing those games in 2034.

On the x64 answer. I wasn't *wanting* Nate, or anyone else to say that answer, but it has been largely the only 'answer' as a response to Nintendo's 'problems', so I was prepared for it. It seems people are either happy with the Switch, or want a x64 box, haven't really seen any other ideas to grow Nintendo's sales/revenue.