Page 33 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    You said what you think would have been more effective for them in gaining more followers. We said why we think you were wrong, and used data and reasoning. Therefore you're under attack. Got it.

To be clear, THIS is you being under attack. Pointing out you being petty and accusatory rather than just admitting maybe you don't know what the fuck you're talking about for once.
    If me being 'under attack' is you repeating what I've already said about myself I'm pretty sure I can handle it. My entry into the conversation was literally "I guess that's what I don’t get...I have zero portable gaming need so that's probably why I don't care for it." You sure got me, champ!

I've shown nothing but support for Nintendo and their supporters here. If my lack of understanding of the platform is viewed as dissent then you have a long road ahead of you as it seems other than the most hardcore followers of the gaming industry have no idea wtf it is Nintendo is trying to do this time. I just read last night that they've doubled down on the 3DS as a platform for under-18 gamers so this isn't even meant to be a replacement for that, which was my understanding. Very curious to see what this all looks like around Christmas 2017.

They also said the DS wasn't a replacement for the GameBoy Advanced until the DS had strong sales. They want people to keep buying the hardware and software that's available.

We'll see how it all works out.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I guess calling it a tablet is taboo. I honestly hadn't thought of that until they said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Zelda is a big name, but RPGs generally aren't system sellers*.

* other than Pokemon. Pokemon will sell a bunch of systems if they get it on the Switch. If it's just a port of Sun/Moon, then it might not be a huge success... but if it's a version of Sun/Moon with some extra exclusive stuff, then it might sell like gangbusters.
    Going to have to disagree with you on that one.

Final Fantasy VII is credited as "the game that sold the PlayStation," as well as allowing role-playing games to find a place in markets outside Japan. As of May 2010, it had sold 10 million copies worldwide,

I know I bought a PS specifically for FF7.

However, Zelda is not a system seller. Especially since Zelda is on the WiiU, I have a feeling that many people that already own a WiiU won't upgrade, but rather buy it for that system. That's what I plan on doing. And while I like Mario Kart also... this one feels more like a GOTY addition than an all new version.

I don't see reason for us to buy one, yet. My kids might start bugging me when the new Mario comes out. Time will tell.

http://kotaku.com/report-nintendo-sw...mes-1789795064

Nintendo will bring GameCube games including Super Smash Bros. Melee and Luigi’s Mansion to the Switch via Virtual Console, Eurogamer reports today, citing anonymous sources.
    As much as people complain about Virtual Console and the shitty way they have handled it, they don't seem to be changing the way it works. I don't know if it's a case of their stubbornness, or if it's like in-app purchases where people complain loudly about them while others silently buy enough to justify it as the "best" way to profit (Nintendo's stocks went down when Super Mario Run was shown to not have in-app boosts/currency that you could buy).

I've been itching for a new Mario Kart for ages. I have it for the Wii but it pales in comparison to the WiiU version that I played at Keiths. That's how he almost sold me on it. Can you play Wii media on a WiiU? I still need to go back and beat Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    And while I like Mario Kart also... this one feels more like a GOTY addition than an all new version.
    It definitely is. It's all a matter of how much you want battle mode.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Can you play Wii media on a WiiU?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    it seems other than the most hardcore followers of the gaming industry have no idea wtf it is Nintendo is trying to do this time. I just read last night that they've doubled down on the 3DS as a platform for under-18 gamers so this isn't even meant to be a replacement for that, which was my understanding. Very curious to see what this all looks like around Christmas 2017.
    I agree with all of this. I understand wanting to continue to support the 3DS, but at the same time it's a bit confusing to 'double down' on it, while launching a system that is probably a replacement, even if they haven't come out and said it yet. Maybe they're waiting to see if the Switch takes off before putting all resources behind it? Which, if so, is risky.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Going to have to disagree with you on that one.

Final Fantasy VII is credited as "the game that sold the PlayStation," as well as allowing role-playing games to find a place in markets outside Japan. As of May 2010, it had sold 10 million copies worldwide,

I know I bought a PS specifically for FF7.

However, Zelda is not a system seller. Especially since Zelda is on the WiiU, I have a feeling that many people that already own a WiiU won't upgrade, but rather buy it for that system. That's what I plan on doing. And while I like Mario Kart also... this one feels more like a GOTY addition than an all new version.

I don't see reason for us to buy one, yet. My kids might start bugging me when the new Mario comes out. Time will tell.
    Keep in mind, my quote was 'generally aren't system sellers'. FFVII was for PSX, and Pokemon is for Nintendo, but on a whole, these days system sellers are either platformers or FPS games, no?