Page 36 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    I haven't watched this entire video yet, and the guy does waffle on quite a bit, but there might be some decent info to help here, including with downgrading the graphics.

https://youtu.be/KYfxv9dMk-I
    Thanks! I'll look into that as soon as I'll have time!
    Tried Twilight Princess HD but it was very glitchy... and I didn't like the graphics anyway.

Junior Potato
    All of these comparison articles and videos should be renamed How BotW has changed after six months of development.

In other words, it's Not News. Wait until both final versions of the game are available before paying attention to any of this.

Junior Potato
    An Aussie-developed game called Hollow Night is cancelled for Wii U and making its way to Switch, scheduled to launch "not too long" after March 3rd.

Junior Potato
    And here's another one; a delightfully retro-looking arcade racer called Racing Apex (just needs an '-ex-ex-ex-ex' on the end for the full impact) which recalls some of Sega's finest early 3D arcade titles.

It looks like it could either be great fun or total shit to play, but it does feature some neat rough facsimiles of some notable racing cars. Coming to both Switch and Wii U.

I want to say "Neat!" but that looks pretty terrible on first blush. But how good can a Minecraft Racing title look, honestly?

I was a fan of Capcom's soulless Auto Modellista and very much dig the idea of a cel-shaded and/or stylized racer. Not everything needs to be photorealistic if it's fun.

Speaking of racing... the triggers on the Switch aren't analog, so that'll put a damper on any sort of racing sim... unless you go dual stick like GT (at least of years past, I don't know if modern GT is controlled via stick or triggers)

Yeah, the reality is a good sim will never come, and Nintendo is perfectly fine with that. They would rather put an IR sensor in than analog triggers
    Get that weak shit off my track

The launch lineup is being bolstered by a few ports from indie devs, and a Japanese RPG that confirms it will be ready at launch worldwide.

World of Goo, Little Inferno, Human Resource Machine: http://nintendoeverything.com/world-...tch-at-launch/
    I Am Setsuna: http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/23/143...h-release-date
    Get that weak shit off my track

Auto Modellista was AWESOME. High five, Novi Bro.