Page 47 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

Been having a great time with Zelda, but did notice that at least the left JoyCon had connection problems when I put one leg across the other one and my shoe was between it and the system. Lowering my foot immediately remedied the problem.

Hopefully the signal sensitivity is something that can be fixed, but I'm happy with the system even if not.

Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Little piece of advice for everyone:

Buy a Pro Controller!

I'm 100% serious. I bought one and it's amazing.

The quality is so nice, right up there with the PS4 pad, and the ergonomics are better than both PS4 and Xbox One S. I prefer the Xbone stick layout to the PS4's and the Pro has this, but avoids the slightly too far away shoulder buttons of the Xbone. The motion controls on it are excellent and it has HD rumble with full amiibo support. And it works on your PC!

It's pricey* but it genuinely feels like Nintendo really put a lot of effort into making this one damn fine game pad. The only thing it's missing are analogue triggers. If it had those it would easily, easily, be the best controller available today. But for usage on Switch while playing on your TV, it's utterly brilliant.

* If you want the pricing feel more justifiable, consider that it comes with a 1 meter USB-A to USB-C cable. For now USB-C cables are still pretty expensive; I was going to buy one for charging my Switch anywhere I wanted, and I couldn't find one for less than $29AUD. That's, like, 1/3 of the price of the Pro Controller!
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; March 6th, 2017 at 07:16 PM.

+1

I bought two Pro controllers with my system, don't regret it one bit.

Anyone having the dead pixel issue?

Not here, and Jason hasn't mentioned it in all the time we've been talking.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Cool. Was just curious how noticeable it is. I guess they did the same thing when they released the 3DS and it took a while for them to acknowledge it was a problem. So far Nintendo is saying it's normal.

Don't know if this helps Keith. But...

How to stop the Nintendo Switch's Joy-Con from losing sync

Junior Potato
    Dead pixels unfortunately are normal, for any fixed pixel device like a phone or a TV or a gaming console. If they're within a certain small percentage then the manufacturer can rightly state that it's not a big enough problem to warrant fixing and that it's just part of the deal with making these screens.

Luckily I haven't had any issues with dead pixels in any thing that I have bought, including my Switch. Manufacturers (good ones anyway) will always try harder to eliminate these issues.

I have a 27" monitor with some dead pixels. It is in a triple setup though so I just keep that one on the left, on my bad vision side.