Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

Choosing money over the happiness of your son. Harsh.

Do not sell the Pacifica Hybrid. It is a chariot of the gods.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Anyone try Zelda: BOTW on the WiiU? My son's Bday is coming up, and I don't think I can afford to get him the Switch.
    A little hitching here and there, but really not a big deal. Runs quite well and still looks good, ultimately.

Junior Potato
    My initial impression of ARMS?

Meeeehhhhh.

I cut short my Breath of the Wild session to play it.

On the good side it does have a deep set of tactics and skills to learn buried underneath a seemingly simple premise, but we all knew that this would be the case.

Don't get me wrong; it's good, and I've only played 30 minutes. I'm just not all that taken by it, so I'll give it a pass.

Junior Potato
    Capcom has announced that a port of the 3DS title Monster Hunter XX will be coming to Switch on August 25th in Japan. It'll support 1080p in docked mode with ahhhh… I'm guessing a rather large amount of unused graphical overhead.

I've played a demo of the previous title in the series on my 3DS and it's a very difficult and very technical game about… hunting monsters! It came across as if it would be the love child of Dark Souls and Xenoblade if those two games were to have babies. It has impressively large open stages with lovely graphics for a 3DS game.

The Switch port will feature the ability to transfer older saves across from 3DS so you can pick up your progress from where you left off if you're one of the many who will make the upgrade, as well as online play between both Switch and 3DS consoles, or local multiplayer for up to four Switchs (Switches?).

Most significantly, Capcom will be bringing out a special edition Switch bundle, with a few splashes of design over the dock as well as on the handheld itself. This may hint towards the format taken by other collectible Switch consoles in the future.

Pic below and trailer here: https://youtu.be/iqXEavVoHnQ

I have really enjoyed my time with ARMS during the beta. I'm not that good at fighting games, especially when going online, but the intensity in the better matches I have gotten into, and the dynamic online room format, had me very engaged.

Junior Potato
    If you want to play the ARMS warmup mode whenever you want (and not just when the servers are active) just go to your console's internet settings, turn proxy server on, put in a fake IP address and launch the game. ARMS will let you into the lobby, and from there you can play the warmup mode for 2.5 minutes until it times out.

Watch this for more info

https://youtu.be/KqD-poT7d1w

Since I'm weak, I decided to buy Ultra Street Fighter II.

Pros:

- Redrawn graphics look good, though it's clear that some things are upscaled assets from the 360/PS3 HD original
    - Buddy mode is an absolute blast, the only downfall is that it's not the entire world tour
    - Capcom must have done some work on getting moves to work with the analog stick, because it works surprisingly well (something that I've never said about a fighting game before)
    - Also, the D Pad on the pro controllers work just as well as you'd expect

Cons:

- Price is too high for what it is. Should be $20, not $40, imo. But I certainly didn't vote with my wallet, so I'm part of the problem
    - Switching between HD and original graphics/audio requires going back to the settings menu at the title page

No opinion/untested:

- Way of the Hado

I've been playing SF2 for what feels like 25 years now, but only casually, and only with friends. I have a couple friends that I play SF2 with occasionally, and I hung out with one this weekend, so I was like 'fuck it, lets play SF2', and it was a lot of fun, as it always has been. Whether the price will be worth it for me, is how often I see said friends and play the game. I don't really care about online mode, because I probably suck compared to the usual 'experts' that usually populate online games. I didn't think Buddy Mode would be as fun as it was, but it might be my favorite mode. Unfortunately it only goes through 4 fights, instead of the whole world tour. It's quite challenging though, since you get one bar shared between the two fighters, which doesn't refresh fully between rounds AND you aren't allowed to lose even a single round.

http://kotaku.com/splatoon-2-voice-c...ers-1795715941

Voice chat explained in graphics for a Splatoon 2 headset.

Did they forget there's no headphone jack on that thing?