Page 68 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

Junior Potato
    I must be the only chump on the planet who's got absolutely zero interest in Mario + Rabbids.

The reviews have been total adoration.

I certainly thought it was dumb when it leaked... Then it turned into an interesting idea for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I skipped ARMS and Splatoon, in terms of Nintendo (property) releases, so I know how you feel.

I've read little about it, bar a small preview in this months Edge. They said Mario + XCom. I was sold.

Iv'e also seen SF2 for £26 which I'm tempted by. And there's a WWE title coming to Switch. WTH!

Junior Potato
    Well for me it's a perfect storm of things I have a fairly strong distaste for:

Ubisoft
    Rabbids
    Turn-based strategy

So... sorry. Unless I can try a demo I'm not going to bother too much.

And congrats on your purchase Matty. You need to get Sonic Mania on it, and if I remember correctly you already have BotW on the WiiU, but consider getting it on Switch if you find it cheap for your second play-thru. It'll revolutionise how you play games like this, being given the option to take it away with you and play a full-on game like this out in the wild.

I did have it for the Wii U, but I think I'm in a time frame to return it (I didn't know about the Switch, was a gift) so will investigate that shortly and get it on the Switch.

And indeed. Much as I love my 3DS, this is a step up from that, but still mobile. Not sure I'll actually play it hooked up to a TV much.

Think I need to add a few of you to my friends list tho.

I played some Switch at Keith's. Left with a favorable impression, but the buttons on the controller are not made for my big hands. There would have to be some kind of alternate DS4 sized controller for me if I bought one.

I'm in a weird position now because I wouldn't mind buying a Switch, but I still want a Wii U as Ash really enjoys our back catalog Wii games and there are some Wii U games I want but haven't played. So now I'm behind in buying Nintendo hardware by two consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    There would have to be some kind of alternate DS4 sized controller for me if I bought one.
    That's the controller I was using (top left)

Apparently I was a bad host and did not register you saying that at the time. I do remember you saying that one of the buttons should have a little nub on it so you could orient without looking.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Oh, no worries. I kept 'swearing' instead of 'chopping' in that cooking game because I couldn't tell what button I was reaching for. Can be remedied by either making the button texture distinct, as I mentioned, or simply moving them apart as you would with a larger controller.

The buttons being on a flat panel like that probably didn't help things for me.

Pro Controller is a must for long gaming sessions, imo. Or play with the joycons separated. Using them in the grip, or on the Switch for a long period is a literal pain.

Junior Potato
    I don't mind playing handheld - I do prefer it as the way to play Switch games and I wish EVERYTHING was on Switch.

It's certainly more comfortable than a 3DS because it's more spaced-out and there's no second screen making it top heavy.

But the Pro Controller is the absolute tits. It's so lovely.