Page 74 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

IGN got to play Gear.Club Unlimited

It’s fun in the way that older Need for Speed titles are fun. You pick up the controller, choose the car that you have on a wall poster, and race.
    -----------
    Even as a somewhat snobby PC sim racer, after an hour or so with Gear.Club Unlimited I left with a smile on my face. With over 400 races, splitscreen multiplayer, DLC potential, and enough car customization to hold my interest, Gear.Club Unlimited succeeds in being an accessible yet serious racer to whet the appetite of automotive enthusiasts who wish to take their love of racing with them anywhere.
    His impressions aren't bad, but the video does the game no favors.

Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Shit man, don’t take anything IGN says in a preview as gospel. They’ll recycle press releases and talk a game up, then give it a 5/10 on release.

I’m fully prepared to pass on Gear.Club unless I’m REALLY desperate for a portable racing game. I’ve got those on my phone and I never play them.

Definitely not taking it as gospel, just presenting it as it's the only hands-on info and video I've seen anywhere.

Another preview from another site seems to have similar feelings, but also similar very shallow talk about the gameplay.

https://www.heypoorplayer.com/2017/1...t-racing-game/

Junior Potato
    ACG on YouTube reviewed Doom for Switch and it didn’t fare too well in his opinion. Too many graphical inconsistencies, and some bugs that weren’t there in the grownup console versions. It’s worth waiting to see if it gets patched for stability and performance. The Digital Foundry look at it will be interesting… On the plus side it’s Doom - in your pocket! I’ll be buying it imminently.

On the flip side, a promising title happens to be LA Noire. This preview puts it in a good light, noting some framerate issues but nothing that really detracts from the experience:
    https://press-start.com.au/previews/...itch-boy-good/

Junior Potato
    Yooka-Laylee finally has a Switch release date. December 14th!

E-shop only at this stage. Includes all camera and control improvements since launch.

I can’t wait!

Junior Potato
    This is iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiintere sting news:

https://press-start.com.au/news/nint...-shield-china/

At its core, this may be a way for Nintendo to combat piracy in China with its very relaxed IP laws.

But, these games are legacy Nintendo games from the Wii era, the Wii is basically a powered up GameCube, and the games are on nVidia Shield, and the Switch is basically a powered up Shield, and there are rumours of GameCube games making it to Switch via Virtual Console.

So… Virtual Console games in HD CONFIRMED???

We’ll see.

I saw some screenshots of the Dolphin/Wii emulator and they were able to upscale the Wii games to HD and for the most part they looked really good. I wonder when we eventually get VC on the Switch, if they would cap the resolution or allow it to upscale. Mario Galaxy really needs it.

With the classic games (NES, SNES, maybe N64) it sounds like Nintendo is making more money with their re-release console classics. They've been keeping the stock low and driving up demand so as long as they're selling we might not get classic games anytime soon

Junior Potato
    Dolphin does indeed upscale old games and play them in HD and 4K resolutions, as do most emulators. Halo 3 on Xbox One X is enhanced right up to 4K with HDR lighting!

These Shield games however, look like they may have been ported to Android, so no emulator is in play here. We will have to wait and see once this is released and rabid Nintendo fans get their greasy mitts into the software for this to be confirmed.

Pretty excited to 1) hear that the Megman X collection is coming out, and 2) it's coming out for the Switch. I will definitely be purchasing the MMX collection for the Switch.

I read about the Android Nintendo thing a bit more. It looks like it's going to be a streaming service so the Nintendo games won't sit on the device itself.