Page 92 of 100 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

Junior Potato
    I thought it was hilarious.

The people were upset about a device that’s not marketed to them.

What they really want is an Xbox One X or a PS4 Pro, but with a Nintendo badge on it. That’s simply never going to happen.

Anyway I checked Eurogamer and the comments for the updated regular Switch were all about poo, so that’s restored my faith in humanity.

Administrator
    I'm only slightly perturbed that I bought a little bit too early. Then again, I've had yet to have the battery give up on me, so I guess it's a moot point.

I was really excited about Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 when it was announced, and then started to get worried that, past the fan service, it was going to be simple and shallow. The first demo I played didn't help, but that's because I didn't fully understand what was going on. With the full game, and a better grasp of the full controls, I've fallen in love with the game. I have issues with some of the late game elements, but in general I think they did a fantastic job and I'm so happy that I can enjoy it in a cinematic way on my TV at home, or at lunch, or at a restaurant with a friend, or just sitting on the couch with an endurance race on the TV.

I did a thing with my Switch... very pleased with it.

https://i.imgur.com/PDLQZh2.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/CazY2qf.jpg

Got it here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MKTZYTP..._CUGpDb3RMYEPG

Also upgraded to metal locks on the joycons, and got an extra pair of joysticks if they start to suck. The tools that came with this kit ended up being much better than what came with the shell: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R6RRF74..._rWGpDb4CWS2V0

Administrator
    Anybody else playing Astral Chain? It's pretty fun so far, and as an old man I am grateful for casual difficulty and a thorough tutorial section.

Junior Potato
    I’ve got it but haven’t had much of a chance to play it. Only done the first mission after the first visit to the police station so far.

I picked up Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, and Dragon Quest XI.... I'm good for the next few months

But if course there's a Direct today 😅

Junior Potato
    Overwatch
    DOOM 64!!!
    SNES games
    AC Black Flag
    Jedi Knight II and III
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Xenoblade Chronicles
    Trials of Mana (bewbs)
    The Return of the Obra Dinn
    Deadly Premonition 2 (waaaaat?)

That was a good Direct. Switch is in a really good place right now.

And I finally spent some quality time with Astral Chain. The game has opened up and it has some sweet combat.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; September 6th, 2019 at 02:36 PM.

Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    I am definitely not having the buyer's remorse, though Pilotwings sucks a lot more than I remember.

If we get to N64 games and get Wave Race, though, I am willing to bet that game is still awesome.