Page 97 of 100 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

The Animal Crossing update had a somewhat shocking amount of new content, both free and in paid DLC, all in-line with the franchise (so there's no new action gameplay with the sports equipment you have or anything), but still a TON of stuff to do if you want be a shopper, gatherer or designer.

IGN Article: https://www.ign.com/articles/animal-...-home-paradise

YouTube Videos:

Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    The N64 and Mega Drive controllers went on sale yesterday but the N64 ones sold out before 11am.

I found out today

SW-7567-8910-0988

Junior Potato
    Feels like I am in the late 90s again

Junior Potato
    Nice up-res, but heavy input lag. I’m using the console undocked with side JoyCons.

People are also reporting audio bugs, incorrect control mapping or just mapping graphics, and Mario Kart tells you to insert an N64 memory card to save your game.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Yeah the memory card thing is just from the games being straight ROMs loaded into the emulator without any additional emulation of memory cards (which is what PC N64 emulators have done for decades). I saw someone saying it was a problem with the Wii and Wii U Virtual Console releases, but either nobody cared back then or everyone forgot, and are now using it is a way to bash Nintendo.

Regarding controller layouts, again it's down to there being no updates to the original ROMs. If you had an N64 controller with the 6-button A/B/C layout it would be much easier. The C-buttons are now on the right joystick. The only time I've ever seen the UI for that being changed was in the Ocarina Bonus Disc on Gamecube.

Genuine issues are the input lag (which was also an issue way back with Wii VC), audio lag, and really crappy implementation of online multiplayer.

Good thing is, I have now played a bit of Starfox 64 on my 4K TV and it looks glorious. 720p scales perfectly to 4K if you multiply each axis by 3, so the pixels are unbelievably clean. A PC emu would let you scale to native 4K though...

Nintendo has clarified/emphasized that there will be future paid updates to Animal Crossing, just no more free ones, and that got me thinking. The Animal Crossing DLC is free with the annual subscription, and the N64 emulation is hot garbage. Is the actual selling point for this annual subscription going to be that all first party DLC will be included?

Because, if it's just shitty emulation and one DLC, I'm going to continue to feel really effing stupid for getting it.

Junior Potato
    Hey I paid for it and I'm not... oh, wait

Administrator
    If anybody else is still playing ACNH, the big 2.0 update came out yesterday. Lots of new stuff got added.