Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 1

Junior Potato

Battlefield 1

WATCH THIS

Looks way, way better than Infinite Warfare.

Junior Potato
    Ahh screw it, why not put this here, too? Make it one big BF1 vs IW thread.

Yeah, this still looks good.

I'm more interested in the Battlefield 1 game. Mostly because I want to see where they're going to take it and how they're going to make multiplayer as enticing as BF3 or BF4.

On COD: IW I'm way more interested in the COD4 MW remastering than the IW game.
    Last edited by Drachen596; May 7th, 2016 at 12:38 AM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I only ever liked the WW2 COD games, so I'll probably like BF1 better

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I only play these games for singleplayer so couldn't care less about multiplayer, but i'm interested in both so far. Have always sucked at online shooters, as they don't suit my 'camping' play style of shooter games. I try be stealthy in every game even if it doesn't support it.

COD fans whining because everyone was blown away by the Battlefield 1 trailer is hilarious. "omg it was all cut scenes not actual gameplay"

Though having watched the COD trailer, I don't see any game play there either.

To be fair, a lot of COD gameplay is just first person cut scenes.
    Get that weak shit off my track

They are both great at making trailers. I like the bi-plane action of BF1. I have thought that the vehicles have been overpowered in the last few BF games, and taking it back should help counter that.

BF1 definitely interests me more than CoD. Not that I would buy it but if I had to choose one I would buy BF1. I've pretty much lost all interest in the CoD games.

And I agree with Kid, The Biplanes and WW1 machinery seems like it would be more fun.

Junior Potato
    The open beta for BF1 is available now. I think you needed to pre-apply for it, which I did, in order to get a code to access it on your platform of choice, so it's probably not available to everyone.

I've done two rounds of the conquesty-like capture-the-flagy-like scenario on a big beautiful open Northern African desert map. The first game I played I hopped in a tank thingy and drove around just capturing flag points. 9 kills, 0 deaths! Towards the end of the match the wind picked up and a huge dust storm rolled in. Fuck it was spectacular. I think it was a bonus that happens if a team dominates the round, similar to TIE Fighter flyby easter eggs in SW Battlefront, because it didn't happen in the more evenly fought second round. I'm uploading the video of that as I speak, if anyone wants to come back here in 3 hours to watch 15 minutes of highly skilled driving.

In the second round I wanted to try the walking simulator aspect of the game so I tried my hand at being a medic, for no other reason than that I liked the feel of a single-shot bolt-action rifle that's part of the Medic kit. I didn't fare quite as well; 5 kills 10 deaths. A video of that is not forthcoming I did discover that you can do a bayonet charge by pressing R3, which is funny if you do it at random because your soldier lets out a mean warcry for no reason and sprints forward.

Overall it feels just like SWBF, except things move slower and there's no rousing John Williams orchestral score, so it has more of an atmosphere of seriousness. The graphics are genuinely *amazing* except set on planet Earth, not... Endor, so that's a nice thing to think about. It's realer than Star Wars. You also lack the bright shooty lasers which means it's really hard to see where your enemies are firing from, and I really love the sound effects from bullets flying overhead, and stuff going off in the distance.

I really want to get stuck into a singleplayer campaign mode. Hopefully that's not over the top like Call of Shitty has been doing after CoD4 came out.

Early score: 7/7 would buy