Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forza 6: 2:4 (hours:races) of LeMans

Agreed.

Just did a 5-lapper against the AI, the Vette was chewing up about 8% of the front tires per lap, and 16% of its fuel tank, lapping around 4 minutes, plus or minus a second or two.

The race starts at 3 pm local time, the sun sets around 10 pm, then rises again at 6 am, and then the race finishes at 3 pm. Let's aim for 1/10th the race distance, so 42 minutes, 48 minutes and 54 minutes. Since we want to include rain, we can stick that between the night and next day session, eat up 6 minutes of both (from my experience, 12 minutes of swimming at LeMans will be more than enough). Rounding for 4-4:15 minute lap times:

10 laps day (1 stop)
    10 laps night (1 stop)
    3 laps rain (0 stops)
    12 laps day (2 stops)

What works better for people, 3+ hours on one day/evening? Two separate days in the same week? Weekend?

Do we even have enough interested people to make this worthwhile? I think that's the far more important question, and I think the answer is no.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    I'm in...and it'd probably work out better for me to do it over two separate days.

what day and time are you looking at? I might be able to run.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I could join yas, but i'm not great with handling racecars (cosmetic damage helps tho) and i wouldn't do well consistency wise.

I am free any night of the week and all day on weekends, so the availability of others will decide the schedule.

Wednesday & Thursday night EST?
    Friday night and Saturday afternoon?
    Saturday and Sunday morning?
    Something else?

Administrator
    Saturday and Sunday morning would work best for me, since I tend to be up early and have the TV to myself for a few hours. Otherwise, Tuesday night is best for me since Michele's out that evening, but any night other than tonight (Monday) works.

As usual, I tend to be home about 6pm PDT.

What week are we talking about. My availability changes all the time. Looking over the next couple weeks, I'm available the rest of this week's weeknights (later, like 8 at the earliest), but then I'm working nights all next week. I'm back to weeknight availability after that. (and off all day next Sunday).

How about next weekend, June 4th and 5th? Two stints each morning.

so far so good

Administrator
    Depends on how early. I have a thing on Sunday, but it doesn't start until 9. If we start at like 6 PDT, that should work out nicely.