Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3DS owners unite!

Junior Potato
    I finished A Link Between Worlds this evening while waiting to pick a friend up at the airport. I played almost the entirety of the game while enjoying downtime on my Sunday shifts at work, so yeah. Got paid to play Zelda. Not bad

It was a slow burn, took me six months, and I enjoyed every minute of it, so I'm really getting my money's worth out of the 3DS. The open-ended style of picking from any one of five dungeons once the game opens up is cool and interesting, because while some of them are easy and would normally be the first few things you do in a Zelda title, some of them are also quite hard and you can go straight to them as soon as you feel like you want to tackle them.

I encountered a fire temple (not sure of its name) almost straight away, I'm talking maybe five months ago here, and it was a heck of a noodle-scratcher, and maybe three weeks ago I came across the ice temple, and that one had a very expansive and confusing map with branching catwalks over 7 levels deep, a lift system going down the middle and plenty of back-tracking. Ocarina's infamous Water Temple - which I never had any real dramas with - is simple compared to this one. I'm imagining the furrowed brows of kid's whose first time playing a Zelda title may have been A Link Between Worlds, and not knowing how the usual state of play in these games pans out.

A few days ago I picked up Majora's Mask, so I'll be moving on to that soon. It'll be my third, no, fourth attempt at playing this, as all others succumbed to worn out analogue sticks, or loss of interest due to other games or activities.

Oh man, I can't wait for the Switch! Portable gaming is Nintendo's huge strong point, and moving the Switch away from being a solely at home experience is a bold but smart move by the Big N.

Any UK-ers interested in my White 3DS XL? I want to migrate to the 'new' one so need to find my current one a new home.

Junior Potato
    Check dis muhh-fucker out, found in a drawer of my old stuff at mum and dad's house.

"Visuals do not represent actual gameplay"

I won this in a competition while setting fastest lap times in an old N64 F1 game called F1 Pole Position 64, way back in April 1997. I'm talking 20 years ago, I was 14! A very much now defunct retailer called Software Today had a stall set up at the Surfers Paradise IndyCar race, the task was to do hot laps of the Australian Grand Prix and record a time. My best time was second fastest, so I won the GameBoy. The winner scored an N64 twin controller pack that came with a special clear purple controller and a copy of Mission Impossible. Remember that game? It was tough. A week later I got a phone call saying I won, so I went down to their shop and picked it up.

The results of the IndyCar race were Scott Pruett, followed by Greg Moore and Michael Andretti.

I was never really into the archaic old GameBoy platform so it never got used much. I did buy a copy of Link's Awakening, but got stuck on a thing early in the game and gave up, so back into its box it went. It's utterly preserved mint condition box.

Complete with all of its leaflets.

The console itself is still in really good condition, but as you can see the screen is completely fooked

But... Lifetime warranty.

This should be fun to fix

Size comparison to a 3DS XL - it's only slightly larger than it's top screen!

Junior Potato
    Well here's a surprise.

Nintendo has announced a New 2DS XL, with a folding design for the 2D version of the 3DS.

I think it looks slick, and I kind of want one.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    HHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGG

It's coming to Europe.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-themed-3ds-xl

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...-person_system

TLDR Nintendo doesn't plan to stop producing the 3DS, and software for it, unless the Switch goes from a one-per-household purchase to a one-per-person purchase. Their information/research shows that most families only get one Switch to share, but they are more likely to get a 3DS for each child.

That makes sense. If the Switch approaches the 3DS' lifetime system sales, 3DS software sales will probably taper off anyway. Until then, there are over 72 million 3DS systems out there.