Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overwatch

Overwatch

Pretty hooked on this game. I think it will require a lot more adjustment for me. I'm not completely used to this style of gameplay. But it's so much fun. Also, uh.. infuriating at times.

Here's a game I had today. Notice the timer at the top... we just barely go into the capture zone before it hit 0 (meaning we, the attackers, would lose). We capped the point and proceeded to steamroll through. I had a healer on me for a lot of the game who was huge. We protected each other and opened the capture point up. Awesome feeling.

I played the beta... for a few hours. The novelty wore off fast. :shrug:

Interesting. I have read nothing about this game, only seen the ads. It's not what I expected!

In this day and age it's inexcusable, but the game doesn't support 21:9 ratio resolutions. Which means a 'no buy' for me.

Also, some people need to get out more and meet a real girl. Or boy. http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-por...orced-offline/

And having looked out of morbid curiosity, there is actually some out there!
    Last edited by Alan P; May 28th, 2016 at 06:34 PM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    In this day and age it's inexcusable, but the game doesn't support 21:9 ratio resolutions. Which means a 'no buy' for me.

Also, some people need to get out more and meet a real girl. Or boy. http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-por...orced-offline/

And having looked out of morbid curiosity, there is actually some out there!
    Rule 34

Free to play on PS4 and XBox One next weekend, Sept. 9-12: http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/1/1275...weekened-dates
    Get that weak shit off my track

I got the itch to check out Overwatch again today.

Every time I think about checking this game out on Xbox, I watch some vids:

That looks far more cartoony (and generally clunky) compared to any old sub-par Xbox One Destiny match:

Destiny, while being colorful, feels great and looks realistic. Love it!

Overwatch? No sale. #deleted

I mean... I feel like you're comparing apples to Jolly Ranchers. Different premise, different gameplay, different artistic style, not everyone has sprint as an ability and a double jump... but if it's not your thing, it's not your thing.

I've been playing very regularly on PS4.

Just started playing as zarya, and I am getting pretty comfortable with her as a character.

My favorite characters are Roadhog, Zarya, and Genji.

I like genji because he is can flank really well.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatScawt View Post
    I mean... I feel like you're comparing apples to Jolly Ranchers. Different premise, different gameplay, different artistic style, not everyone has sprint as an ability and a double jump... but if it's not your thing, it's not your thing.
    They're both FPS games, how thin of a hair do we need to slice?

But I hear you, Destiny action is certainly slower by comparison and there is no team-building per se (tho' Destiny Fireteams are highly varied in abilities, of course).

When I look at the vids (for Xbox), graphically it's not blowing my skirt up. The action looks extremely quick to me, a very colorful, bright & fast twitchfest. Cartoony. Almost Street Fighter-y -- and I do not say that disparagingly! The art style of Overwatch is very attractive!

But I love my sci-fi/fantasy gritty realism, so... yeah. Not for me.