Page 30 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 3

Crown Vic with police set up. Nice!

There better be all sorts of cops n robbers sorts of chase games now.

Junior Potato

Boom.

SIK. WIT. IT.

I looked at that first image of Surfer's Paradise with the M4 for about 10 seconds thinking it was a real photo for some kind of promotional thing. Then I saw the watermark (and then humans on the pier).

After I put the Jeep back together last night I settled in for a couple hours of FH3. I basically spent my time running into and over things with a C63 Black, and things got worse when I collected a convoy of like three drivatars. Those asshats will follow you anywhere, and they are not always in similarly competent cars. A few times I put big leads on them, and would put the binders on to destroy a signboard. Well, the E24 M6 can do a buck fifty, but after building up that kind of steam it takes a while to slow back down. An M6 at, say, 80mph hits hard. Also, if you put your Uber Benz into a house, the convoy drivatars stuff themselves up your bunghole.

Anywho, at some point I stopped ignoring Anna and went off to collect a drivatar for my team. Drive out into BFE where she notified me I was looking for Novicius. I eventually got on top of the beacon, but didn't see anything. I switched into 3rd person to get a better view when I see Mr. Bananastang confusing his '78 Mustang King Cobra for a wheat thresher. I'd like to say it was a good race, but C63 vs. a Mustang II just can't be one, even when the Ford stays in the fields and the Benz [mostly] follows the roads.

Nice! I don't even own the game yet!!

It adds people as AI who played at least once Forza title.

C63 Black (essentially the only car I have driven, too lazy to change)
    Skill Song
    Random Farmland

450,000 skill points over and over and over again.

It's silly.

Once I observed that a combo started with a skill song retains the multiplier long after the song is over things got wack.

I spent all my initial skill points unlocking the "extra time" and "6x multiplier," so knocking out multi-hundred-thousand point combos just isn't a problem.

I feel like this is a massive design oversight.

Really, I feel like all the progress in the game is pointless. I started the game with a bunch of cars, the VIP edition doubles all the wheel spins, and the skill point purchases just make everything worse. I have maybe four hours into the game, $2m in cash, maybe 10 totally reasonable cars I didn't buy, I have 33% of all the skills that can be purchased. I'm actually not sure what I am playing for!
    Last edited by thesameguy; October 9th, 2016 at 08:53 PM.

Junior Potato
    You're playing to enjoy fanging a bunch of exotics across the Aussie countryside, yes?

Every now and then I get the odd feeling of deja-vu, because sometimes I realise that the game designers utterly nailed the Aussie countryside, except I'm doing it at maybe twice the speed I'd normally do when I'm out enjoying these things. Pretty much my favourite thing to do is get in a supercar and just drive all the way across the map, doing my best to read the road and not hit anything. Pure bliss! It's pretty good.

Another thing I'm enjoying, and I thought I'd be getting too old for this shit, is painting cars again. It's pretty easy to get back into the swing of this. I'm addicted.