Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts, Prayers and good wishes are needed please.

Cool, man.

Very cool

The signatures on the poster are from friends, family, kids I coach, parents whose kids I coach, nurses, doctors, RT, pretty much everyone you could imagine. It isn't everyone who took care of me, but it is signed by those who felt inclined while I was in ICU, and the step-down unite.

Why it not UR avatar?!?!

Good point.

I browse 99% by mobile site now, so I never see the avatars anymore.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Dr house = cane, hoes and CBRs. Amirite?
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Good point.

I browse 99% by mobile site now, so I never see the avatars anymore.
    DAMN MILLENNIALSLLLSLSLS

So I am late to getting this up here and posted.

But I don't think I was ready to look at these images without someone with me. After dinner with my GF last night and some buddies, She and I sat down and perused through 5 or so of the DVDs of my x-rays, MRIs, and CT scans. I have 15 DVDs worth of imaging.

It wasn't easy. Quite honestly, it was terrifying.

I knew I was pretty broken, but after seeing the images. I shouldn't be walking. I shouldn't be here to type this. For some reason, be it by the grace of God or who knows what, I am here to share My Story.

I can answer questions regarding the fractures, the plates, etc. fairly well if you would like. GB might even be able to answer a few also.

I am still trudging through the images, because there are a shit load.

As always for me, click for larger. Patient information has been removed. Because fuckers out there are well...fuckers.

Here is the best photo I have seen on my arm fracture so far. you can see the severity of the ulnar fracture, and the radius dislocation. The Radial artery, Ulnar artery, and Ulnar nerve branch all run along where the fracture site is. Veins usually run along outside tissue to return to the heart, and follow the path of the major artery branch, the nerves do the same thing. So for the arteries to have been completely severed and needing grafts, and the nerves to be ok, is literally unheard of.
    Right broken ass elbow.jpg
    Ankle plated and fixed. The screws hat attach my tibia (shin bone) to my fibula are called syndismosis screws. This is done to hold my ankle into place and not allow it to pop out even though the fibula is fixed.
    Right plated ankle - not broken anymore.jpg
    Right arm is plated up and fixed. If you look close enough, you can see what is called a "Roman Sandal" lattice work with what are called vessiloops and staples. THis was done because my arm was too swollen from the artery damage dumping blood into my forearm, causing compartment syndrome. The roman sandal allows the tissue to be pulled together to allow for swelling to go down without closing the incision site, which if done too soon, would cause tissue and muscle necrosis.
    Right Plated elbow - not broken anymore.jpg
    Anterior X-Ray of my pelvis, trained eye can see the damage
    Pelvis - broke.jpg
    Anterior 3D CT scan of my pelvis. It is trashed, and I cant really capture all the damage from a couple of photos. my right side is literally in 7 pieces.
    Pelvis broke anterior 3D.jpg
    Posterior 3d CT scan
    Pelvis broke posterior 3d.jpg
    Gobs of harware and shit. If you look close, you can see my right hip is located about an inch or so medially from where it should be.
    Pelvis plated the fuck up - not broken.jpg
    Last edited by Godson; February 1st, 2017 at 03:49 AM.

So glad you're still here with us, Tyler.

Congratulations. That's the worst-looking pelvis I've ever seen in 11 years of taking xrays. And I live in the Daytona area (think BikeWeek, Biketoberfest, Spring Break, shark bites... AND your typical "Florida Man" that you see on the news!).

And not only was your arm broken, your elbow was dislocated as fuuuuuuck. Good thing you don't remember much.

It's interesting that they did a 3D render of your pelvis from an xray. We don't do that... all our 3D stuff comes from CT scans. I'll bet you have some of those on record if you ever want to see them. They're pretty amazing.

You rock, brutha. Keep pushing.