Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts, Prayers and good wishes are needed please.

Holy crap.

You are amazing.

As are your doctors.

That shit buffed right out.

Glad you've come as far as you have.

Jesus dude you were a mess. Glad you made it through! Would you mind if I show my mum these? I guess not as they're on a public(ish) forum but she was an orthopaedic nurse before she retired but want to check.

Please do!

I don't mind it being shared. The issue I think I am having is the massive amount of people that say the same shit over and over.

It kinda takes away from it all. Almost marginalizes it at times.

Thanks, I will likely see her over the weekend.

Yes, the doctors and nurses that attended to you have been amazing, but a good portion of recovery, is down to internal will as well. Pretty amazing journey.

I posted this on fb, but thought I owed you guys more.

"My post workout ritual involves stretching of both hips, and hamstrings for long periods. Upwards of 2-5 minutes per side. This is to help break up what 3 months in bed created on contractions and various muscle tightness.

Today, my left side is almost back to baseline pre-june 'vacation'.

75* worth of hamstring stretching. To give you an idea what is was when I started on the left side, I was at 40*. Right side is 65*, started at 25-30*.

Keep chasing your goals ladies and gentlemen. Don't give up when the going gets tough."

I'd also like to add here. My routine also includes me doing weighted donkey kicks. When I started doing these I could only put down like 15 pounds for the right side, while barely able to hold balance when doing my left side at 70 lbs. Keep in mind, pre-accident was a hell of a lot higher.

I'm now able to put down 55lbs consistently with the right side, with jumps to 65lbs capable. I've maintained 70lbs on the left side until my right side catches up, at that point I'll start increasing weight for the left side.

I still have difficulty with pain in my right elbow, which could be related to the dislocation and radial nerve compression. Another friend of mine had a compound fracture and played similarly to mine has the same pain. Said she still has the pain all these years layers, so I will just deal with it.

Gym time.

Sucks about the nerve pain. Ash is still dealing with hers from when they went in to take the lymph nodes out.

Administrator
    Yeah, Michele has a ton of nerve pain from her surgery. It's the only pain left, the actual surgical site is fine. No idea when it'll go away.

Re-nerve pain:

Mine is only during certain positions of weight bearing. Not continual. If your wives are having continual nerve pain, they need to talk to their docs about gabapentin. Serious. That shit isn't something anyone should live with day to day.