Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts, Prayers and good wishes are needed please.

Ash works for a PT Clinic and is managing her recovery with them. So far the results have been positive.

Ah, she says she used to use it but it stopped working. So...fun.

Administrator
    Michele's got pain mostly when she sits. Standing up is okay, but it also affects her when she bikes, which is the real crappy part. She really wants to get back on the bike but can't, and we're not sure when she can.

It's not constant though, thankfully. Sitting or laying on her side brings it out.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Ah, she says she used to use it but it stopped working. So...fun.
    Has she talked to her doctor about Lyrica?

*shrug*

So the gf and I decided to take a break. She felt I wasn't giving her 100%. She said it wasn't a bad thing considering my circumstances with rehabbing and all, but she felt like she was being put on the back burner. Because of that, and her own problems she and I decided it was for the best, and that we would remain friends.

Part of it was from my massive post on FB that was all dark and jaded, and that I didn't talk to her about it first (which made her feel like she was a bad gf.). I felt like it was a test that I fight for the relationship, but my last one felt like all I did was fight for my last exam. I don't want something like that again.

This all transpired last Friday.

This week was the first time working in the OR since my accident. I was cleared for 4 hours of unrestricted work in the OR, followed by 4 hours of desk work, 5 days a week. Let me clarify this. I called my surgeon and told them I wanted clearance. They were hesitant but i insisted. I needed it. This is all done without my cane. By Friday I was really dragging at the end of my 4 hours. I knew I would be. I also pushed myself harder on friday by walking Murphy 4 miles total that day. 1 in the AM before work, then 3 miles in the evening after work. I walk him with my cane for stability for his unpredictable actions.

Today I hit the gym after watching 4+ hours of the 12 hours of Sebring. Go Corvette go!

I hit the stairstepping for 15 minutes and pounded out 39 flights of stairs. I then went and performed my isometric leg exercises to build up my hip flexors and abductors. It. Fucking. Hurt. Literally in tears at one point. I then hit abs, and damn did it feel good. I think I am going to focus in this workout twice a week until my strength in this area increases. Maybe then my gate will normalize without a cane.

Part of me wants to pursue her with this so she feels like I am going to her for strength, but that feels like a bad move being the recent switch. Part of me wants to go nail some broad at the bar, but I know that won't end well for me.

I'll be back to the gym in roughly 12 hours.

Glad you're able to get back to work in the OR.

Wow.

Stay strong, bro.

Heh also remember that your body needs rest as much as it need work. #fatguylogic