Thread: JSGeneral had a car...

JSGeneral had a car...

Some of you may know that I owned a car... a beautiful red 2000 Celica GTS manual 6-speed. Bought it new, and it was wonderful, and fun to drive. After some time, I met my future wife and we spent most of our time driving her vehicle... a 2005 Ford Explorer V8. Great machine. Took us across the country and help us weather some tough northeast winters.

Soon we became a one vehicle family. I sold the Celica as it made sense. The wife was more comfortable driving from the high stance of the Explorer, and it was safer on the crowded highways. But after 11 years of taking care of us, it was time to upgrade. I was fine with her picking the next vehicle as I trust her, and wanted her happy with what the two of us would be sharing. What she picked I couldn't believe. It took months looking, but this week we finally were able to track one down and get it.

Question: What do you get when you cross a Celica GTS with a Ford Explorer.
    Answer: I don't know, but it's probably close to this.

TRD_Pro_2.jpg

A 2016 Toyota 4-Runner TRD-Pro

Even was in the color we wanted (Gray Metallic). It's taller and a bit wider than the Explorer, but it drives like a dream. The interior reminds me of my old Celica too... especially the steering column.
    Last edited by JSGeneral; July 8th, 2016 at 12:51 PM.

Invalid Attachment specified.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Man, some mixed emotions from me! A great vehicle from a car company I fundamentally dislike. That is no doubt a hell of a ride, and a great choice for a single-vehicle family. Plus, it looks completely bad-ass. I still don't like Toyota, but well played!

Image fixed. Looks bad-ass
    Get that weak shit off my track

Man. That thing looks awesome. I'd say you are properly prepared for the zombie apocalypse.