Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon GO

Junior Potato

Pokemon GO

Anyone playing this? Virtually everyone else is.

Nintendo's new smart phone, augmented reality Poke-addiction.

It's quite good. But it's really bad for when you're driving.

I wasn't driving. I was a passenger. My driver was having a hard time concentrating. Made for an interesting car ride.

I might go outside more often now.

I have it, but I don't understand it. Last Pokemon game I played was for Gameboy

I was expecting a similar thing, where you use a Pokemon to fight other Pokemon, weakening, then capturing. Instead you just capture? The only way to improve a Pokemon is through microtransactions?

Be wary of any dead bodies you may come across when trying to find them Pokemans.

Junior Potato
    Jason, yeah micro transactions are a thing, but they're not the key to progressing. Instead the main 'currency' that you have to put into this is actually travelling in the real world.

There are gyms located around the place where you can train your Pokemon or do battle against other's.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    The phenomenon is so bad that my wife is buying a new phone just so she can play it (well, her current one is one of the last ever Sony Ericsson branded smartphones, but still).

Me; Pokemon/Digimon/DragonBall Z have never interested me. Samurai Pizza Cats was busy occupying my TV time back in the day. Meow!

Junior Potato
    I went Poke-hunting down at the local parklands this evening after work. There were about 200-or-so local kids and adults walking around in the twilight doing their Poke-thing (the Poke-prefix is quite useful). One particular area had 30 people milling around between the start of a kids BMX circuit and the ANZAC cenotaph, some of who were continually dropping attraction devices to share with the crowd.

We were near water for about two hours. SO many Magicarp. They can fuck right off.

And I tried gyms for the first time. I have no idea how to use them. Apparently you have to battle for a place in the gym, but I'm a level 7 and one young bloke we spoke to is a level 17, and even he didn't have a Pokemon strong enough to have a place.

Screenshot_2016-07-11-08-29-09.jpgIMG_20160710_224903307.jpgScreenshot_2016-07-10-23-01-53.jpg
    I've been playing a little. Finally reached lv 10. Went for a walk last night and found a group playing near the beach. There were over 20 people there. It was hilarious.

I'm tempted to start playing just to meet women. And I'm completely serious. I have no interest in Pokemon.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I was never interested in Pokemon. I'm still not. :shrug:

I never was either. I'm sure I'll lose interest in a few days/week. But, it's something fun/different, for now.