Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon GO

Junior Potato
    Boooooooom

Junior Potato
    Big weekend of PoGO for me. It started on Friday when I went to a local hotspot at the Broadwater Parklands to complete a few of the final special research quests. On that day I levelled up to 29 and only needed two more raids to get to 7/8 in the Mew quest.

Saturday was Articuno day, where I went to the Arts Centre (another hotspot) and Broadwater and did 10 raids but didn’t get a shiny At the time I equipped a few lucky eggs which, when combined with the current bonuses, gave me a 4x boost in raid XP, and so got me up to lvl 30. I also completed the Mew quest, as seen above.

And today was Squirtle day, and boy did I catch a lot of Squirtles. At the moment they’re pumping out the same research task at almost every gym during the three hour Squirtle event, where catching five Squirtles will land you an encounter with glasses-wearing Squirtle. So I got a bunch of them including two shinies.

It’s Squirtles all the way down.

Now I’m only a few thousand XP away from 31 and I have a bunch of Squirtles to sort through and cash-in.

Next Friday I’ve got an invite to a Mewtwo raid. I’ve never done one before and I’m told that if I’m not there at exactly 1pm then the other invitees wil jump in right away. I’m slightly nervous about that.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; July 8th, 2018 at 01:25 AM.

Did you get your Mewtwo?
    They're usually not that tricky if you're in a decent size group.

You guys will already know that if you hatch an Alolan egg and then trade the resulting Pokemon, this will count towards getting the Pilot medal (which unfortunately does fuck all, you just get the medal. But it's one of those things...).
    So if you trade, say, a norwegian pokemon for an australian one, both traders wil get some 14 - 15 000 kilometers on your medal.

And the friendship levels yield huge xp. Ultra Friends is 50 000, so time for a lucky egg if you're about to hit that.

Junior Potato
    Yeah I got my Mewtwo, the battle was easy peasy. Catching it was harder though. I had a measly 6 balls (poor team contribution, which I always get, being part of the red team) and got it on the last one! Thanks for the tip regarding the pilot medal. I had no idea that the distance counted! I’ve got heaps of eggs from USA, Europe and Asia, so it’ll come in handy.

And yeah, going best friends yields huuuuuuge XP, but it’s just too hard and annoying to line up a bunch of people and exchange gifts all at the same time. I’ve seen people posting screenshots where they went up two levels by dropping a lucky egg and doing a heap of friends at once.

Mr. Ape, when I next open a gift from you, we will be Ultra friends. Want a heads up in case you want to apply a lucky egg for an extra 50 000 xp?

Junior Potato
    Thanks but nah, don’t wait for me, you go right ahead. I’ve got, like, 80 friends, so I’ll gain plenty of XP as I go along.

Well, it's opened.
    If you set the egg as you open the game, it should be good. If you're so inclined.
    🙂

Junior Potato
    Oh sweet, done! I didn't think it was that easy to coordinate.

So that method works as long as I use the egg before the notification pops up, yeah?

Yeah, you first get the notifications about items received etc, then the bigger one a while after about the new friendship level. As long as the lucky egg is on before that one, you should be good.

Kind of a big deal with the local gamers, with much messaging on Discord!

And it is more lucrative than evolving Pidgeys for half an hour. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500 View Post
    Mr. Ape, when I next open a gift from you, we will be Ultra friends. Want a heads up in case you want to apply a lucky egg for an extra 50 000 xp?
    Yobbo, ditto. Any preferences?

Also, pretty big stuff happening right now.

First, starting September 13 at 1:00 P.M. (PDT), Trainers all over the world will be able to encounter three Legendary Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region! Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres will appear in Raid Battles until September 20. And if you’re lucky, you may be able to encounter their Shiny forms! Also, Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region will appear more frequently all over the world and show up more frequently in Raid Battles until September 30!

And there’s more! On September 20 at 1:00 P.M. (PDT), Mewtwo will come to Raid Battles for the first time ever! Mewtwo has previously only been available to Trainers invited to EX Raids, but now all Trainers will be able to challenge the Legendary Psychic-type Pokémon until October 23 at 1:00 P.M. (PDT). So prepare yourself, and don’t miss your opportunity to encounter this powerful Pokémon before it disappears!

Finally, there is one more special surprise: Farfetch’d, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, and Tauros will be joining the Alolan Pokémon in 7 km Eggs through the end of September! These Pokémon have not migrated to many parts of the world, so don’t miss this unique opportunity to send Gifts to friends and finally achieve a complete Kanto Pokédex!
    https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/gl...ge-ultrabonus/