Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: mini-NES coming this Christmas for $60 U.S., installed with 30 games

Female Masturbatory Aid

Junior Potato
    Drew got one with my help

They sold out mere minutes after I put the order in. That was lucky timing.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Too awesome mate.

Junior Potato
    Quite possibly the rarest sight in all of retail, which I spotted in a Lego Facebook fan page, of all places. Both Target and JB HIFI got big shipments of these late this week, enough for Target to actually put on display. Photo for posterity.

Junior Potato
    Apparently the current shipment into Australia of the NES Minis is the last one we'll get. It's unconfirmed but ominous all the same.

http://www.vooks.net/report-thats-ni...ini-australia/

I really hope this is not true and Nintendo continues to produce them for another year at least. If it is true then the shithead scalpers will have a field day.

Another connected but even less confirmed rumour is that these were made as a way to use up left over Wii components. That's an interesting one for sure!

Junior Potato
    And… there we have it.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/04/ni...e-nes-classic/

What a crazy rollercoaster ride that was.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I bet SNES Classic is next

Junior Potato
    I'm calling 50/50 on that.

Nintendo didn't intend on the NES Classic being a long-term mass-produced product, and they knew the demand was there as soon as they announced it.

So based on their initial plans, there would be no SNES Classic. But they have listened to customer demand before so you never know.

Or it was just holiday filler to keep their revenue strong with the Switch and Zelda getting pushed to 2017.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Nah the very reasonable story I heard was that it was a two-pronged attack alongside Super Mario Run designed to get older players' attention again and drive sales toward the Switch.

Yes there could've been a small amount of long-term cash flow with the NES Classic but it wasn't their future. New hardware and innovation is their future. Plus it may have sucked sales away from Virtual Console in the end.

The whole thing could've been handled much better if they only sold them through their online channels or My Nintendo and made it clear from the start that they were a limited product. Going open retail and leaving things up to the forces of nature was a bad idea.

But it left me with the chance to get a hold of two of them eventually!