Page 83 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: dodint's Automotive Evolution

Cool little wagon!

Fun Saab things.

I need a roof rack to haul a kayak and/or a stand-up paddle board. My car doesn't have the long roof rails, just flip up panels to mount two cross bars.
    Check Thule's website, the cross bars can be had, but are $550-$750 for the set. Yikes, and the kayak/sup carriers are about $250 each.
    I spend the evening confirming that Saab bars exist, they must, right? They do! I found a Sportcombi for sale with the Saab cross bars on CarGurus. Then I pick through and search Saab product catalogs and finally find them, success!
    The Saab cross bars are $155...and made by Thule. The Saab Kayak holder is $176.

Long live the Swedes.

Yea went through that with the CR-V when I was looking for rails. It was either Chinese knock offs for 40, oem for 200 if I could find them, or Thule setup for like 700.

I went with the knock offs just because I am only doing it for looks anyway.

I looked on eBay and most of the results were non-loadbearing stick on rails.

The Saab is never not fun.

Went down to Tennesse for some kayaking a few weeks ago. Despite being a little turbo 4 banger with a billboard on the roof it climbed mountains and cruised the interstate at 80+ just fine.

Love a good turbo 4 with midrange grunt for mountain passes. How much booost does that thing run?

It's modest, something like 8lbs.

Less than I would have thought. The compression ratio must be decent. It's too old to be direct injected I imagine.

I *think* Isuzu did DI back in the early to mid 00's.

The Isuzu Axiom had it in 2004, while in Europe and Japan, Mitsubishi and others were doing gasoline DI as early as 1996.