Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172

Thread: dodint's Automotive Evolution

Interesting deal with the DeLorean. Does the buyback end up paying for your ownership experience? If so, it seems kind of like a win-win. You got to enjoy something unique and terribly cool for a while, for free. I'm sure having a track toy and a fun convertible will help to soften the loss of the DeLorean, too.

I don't know it down to the dollar, but the offer to sell is about $7k more than I paid for it. And I made about $9k worth of improvements. So for almost exactly two years of ownership you're looking at $1k/yr. And like I told Tyler, I figure with as much as I traveled with it, C&C'd it, shared it with friends, etc. I have probably enjoyed about 85% of the positive DMC owner experiences. Three GTXF'ers have driven it other than myself, for instance.

I just hadn't planned to get *this* into time trialing this soon. The extra cash flow is super tempting. The idea of the DMC turning into a museum piece in the back of my garage is less so.

Oh, I suppose I never mentioned it here in this context. But I am up for a promotion at work that would have me traveling globally for as much as 7 months out of the year. That's what I meant about the museum piece part, with only 5 months of the year left there won't be many days for driving the DMC when you subtract poor weather months and race weekends.