Page 52 of 98 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: dodint's Automotive Evolution

Schweet!

When does it go to PittRace?

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post

When does it go to PittRace?
    Ever fill your trunk completely full of luggage to the point where you have to really slam it just and hope the lock mechanism holds because the deck lid is compressing the load?

Well, the roof of the DMC opens with the door. I have a feeling that once I put a helmet on and try to shut the door I'm going to have to compress my spine in much the same way that luggage is compressed in my illustration.

As for the car itself I would absolutely take it up there for a TNiA or HPDE day. It already has the upgraded motor, exhaust, new calipers, ss brake lines. The person that owned it two owners ago was a Corvette tuner on Long Island and really put it into tip-top shape. The only thing I think I'd really like to do is get this kit:

which tightens up the front suspension by converting it into a quasi-double wishbone configuration.

200hp carrying 2700lbs around should be okay in an Intermediate run group. No power steering though, should be a workout.

Wow, definitely not your everyday motor That is both crazy and kind of cool at the same time. What are these cars like to drive?

Heavy steering, sloppy suspension, wonky 35-65% rear biased weight distribution. Sits really low to the ground.

Like a late 70s Lotus Esprit, but worse.

It was designed to be a grand touring car rather than a sports car though, so much is forgiven. And the healthy vendor aftermarket has solutions for much of it. This car already has the 70hp motor upgrades to fix the low output problem. Those connectors above supposedly really tighten up the front suspension. And someone does make a power steering solution for it if you really wanted that.

Step 1: close door.
    Step 2: put on helmet.
    Step 3: slouch.
    Step 4: profit.

My man.

Is that the PA equivalent of "Bless your heart?"

"OK, great."

I wondered why this thread was gaining replies ... I'll be darned, I did not expect to see Marty McFly in here.