Page 75 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: dodint's Automotive Evolution

I'll believe it when I see it.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Yeah, who knows. It would be somewhat weird to own the M6 longer than I did the Delorean, but the M6 is capable of year round daily driver duties so it offers a lot in that way. I'm also down to commuting to the city just one day a week so the need for a car at all is superfluous. In reality I could easily drive the van that one day a week. That's part of the reason I can get away with owning something like the M6. In theory I could drive it 30-50 days a year, total.

No harm no foul. I pay all my bills, meet all my obligations, and am saving for retirement. Very soon I won't even have a mortgage and can be even more aggressive in that way.

Maybe at the end of the 5 years I can get that F430 I always wanted.

I thought the Delorean was your dream car. *shrug*

My prediction: Two months from now, you'll change your plan again and buy a different car, because that's what has been happening for the last few years.

Don’t buy a Ferrari though. We used to race Forza with a dude (he was even a member of this community for a while, Cheeto23) that was a tech at a Ferrari dealer in FL. He did not like working there and eventually quit to go back to work for Bentley. He was of the opinion that Ferrari did not care about the customers and only cared about their brand.

Yeah, the Ferrari odometer fraud incident(s) illustrate that pretty well.

I sold the Delorean to enable my track hobby . They were taking up the same resources, both in money expended and weekend hours. It was a painfully hard decision, but I chose enabling experiences over having an asset in the garage. Then I bought the SRT4 to feed the track habit while the 330ci was down. The M6 is replacing the SRT4. It's a pretty straight chain of events. This winter I plan to bring the SE46 back to the track and only use the M6 for casual non-competitive track days. The M6 will pull DD duty that the DMC couldn't.

Trading the van in for a Class C RV that can tow everything to the race track is the most likely next transaction. That's another move that will enable my ability to...get on track. In the last 18 months I have lapped on race tracks in South Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Michigan, Kansas, Connecticut, and Texas. I value those experiences over the tangible acquisition of a collector vehicle, even if it's an emotionally difficult choice.

I just came to say that I hope I get to see it before you sell it.

Looks awesome! And should be a really fun experience.

It is. You hit 80 then shift into...third.

You literally never have to use 4-6 if you choose.

Wow, congrats, that's very cool!

We never got the manual with those here, only the much-criticised single-clutch SMG.

A colleague has one and he's had good luck with it, seems to enjoy driving it hard and sliding it around. Sounds like a good example too, hope it hangs together for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    It is. You hit 80 then shift into...third.

You literally never have to use 4-6 if you choose.
    A three-on-the-tree retrofit would be pretty cool.

George, I've been driving the E350 a lot because we just moved homes. I sat in the BMW this morning and reached up to the steering column to shift it into drive.

samoht, yeah, there were only 323 manual coupes in the five years and they were all North American market. I've been monitoring the market for a while and always kept tabs on 2-3 at a time, and this one that popped up at the last second was one of the nicest. There was one that was for sale in California in the early spring with some really tasteful Dinan improvements but it went relatively quick.