Page 10 of 98 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: dodint's Automotive Evolution

MINIs are pretty lively, actually. I did couple runs in a Clubman w/ AT and it didn't suck.
    Whoomah!

The "sport" mode for the auto transmission is actually kind of bonkers. I used it for about 300 yards today and then turned it back off.

Auto-x intimidates me because I don't understand how folks don't get lost on course.

When looking at them the dealer didn't have any 09/10 Clubman Ss in so we drove a regular with an auto just to compare size/feel/visibility and thought it was fine too. Maybe not ideal but plenty to keep anyone happy in town.

Congrats. I guess I'll borrow my friend's Mk1 JCW sometime to see what the fuss is all about.

Apparently the R56 Aisin autos already have an oil cooler? Should be good to go.

Before you run an autox course, the folks there will show you a map and let everyone walk the course on foot. Also there are usually some tipped cones indicating what side of a cone to take (when applicable).

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post

New shoes:

Attached Images Attached Images

The stock phone dials are some of the few stock wheels (in general) I like, but that's a solid improvement! Excellent look.

Looks ready to tackle some cones.

Sharp!

Thanks. I'll take some glamour shots when I get the tintwork done. That was just me coming out of the Chinese restaurant picking up takeout after sitting at the garage. I like the design of the stock wheels too, but the 15" wheels just look like roller skate wheels. And the wider tires are nice, they dull some of the road bumps and make the steering a touch heavier which is more to my preference. I might flirt with the idea of getting 205s next time (jumped from 175 to 195 this time) but for now I'm happy.

Car is still not PA legal as it doesn't have a new set of wiper blades. Why? Because the prior owner cut the wiper arms down to convert it from a j-hook mount to a bayonet mount and then installed aftermarket universal wiper blades.

I'm going to buy proper arms instead of just putting on universal blades again, it'll always bug me if I leave it as is. What a jagoff, I'm now wondering wtf else has been done to this car that I need to find out about.

It'll need new rotors this spring. This is supposed to be my commuter but maybe I'll look into a bigger brake kit. Not sure, we'll see how I feel after the thaw. I only drive it on weekends (there is a commuter bus that runs practically from my house right to my work) so I'm not sure how much I'll want to put into the car, especially since the DMC hunt starts in March or so.