Page 21 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: dodint's Automotive Evolution

I had a shifter that did that. It was an aftermarket that was on the RS when I bought it. Not fun when driving aggressively.

Teflon tape on the threads also works well.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    This is what I'd do - or put a jam nut below the knob.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Maybe I'll try that first. I'm worried with loctite I won't be able to get it back off if I need to.

Just in reviewing your parts list, your Cobra has over $7,000 in aftermarket hardware not including your purchase price. You won't ever see that money in your hand but that's what you're driving around with. #lotterywinner

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Suspension:
    FRPP Springs
    Tokico shocks/struts
    2004 Cobra front control arms
    adjustable rear upper/lower control arms.
    Really surprising the PO didn't put in the subframe connectors.

The bumpsteer kit installation labor will be a PITA. Gotta take almost everything in the front-end apart. Plan on balljoints and fresh urethane bushings for those Cobra control arms too.

The rear suspension issues are taken care of by the rear LCA's. Check to make sure you don't still have the quad-shocks on the rear -- once you've upgraded the LCA's, you can unbolt them and take them off.

Yeah, I'm not complaining.

$775 repair bill for the MINI. Two parts. One is the bumper cover and ambient temp sensor that I snagged on the Penske trailer while moving last year. My bad, finally got around to fixing that. That was about $300 of the bill.

The other was an immediate concern. Was passing a truck on the turnpike at like 6k RPM (near red line) and the car started throwing codes, ended up down two cylinders:

FOUND MISFIRE FAULTS IN CYLINDERS 3 AND 4, PERFORMED MISFIRE TEST PLAN. FOUND CYLINDER 3 AND 4 COILS TO BE DEFECTIVE. ALSO FOUND ALL 4 SPARK PLUGS WORN. DUE TO ALL COILS SUBJECT TO THE SAME CONDITIONS REMOVED AND REPLACED ALL 4 SPARK PLUGS AND COILS AS PER MINI INSTRUCTIONS.

Let me tell you, taking a 2-cyl MINI through the Squirrel Hill tunnel is not inspiring at all.

Hoping this is an anomaly, the car only has 55k miles. I have a 2+ week trip to St. Paul next week or I could have saved about $300 in labor and probably $300 in parts here, but I had to get it done. It's a nice dealer. They washed the car inside and out and gave me a (ugly) '17 loaner MINI.

Dropped the Mustang off at the paint shop. I'm out of town the next 3 weeks and won't be able to pick it up until April 15th.

Novi asked for a video of a Sunday drive for sound and general temperament. Because I accidentally set my phone to record 60FPS it turned off after 10 minutes. Unfortunately, that was literally about 45 seconds before I turned onto the proper back roads. Sad! Would've liked to have that footage because I underestimated how wet the roads were at one point and ended up off the road. Did a brake test, burnout, all kinds of stuff that is now only for me to know. Alas.

Nice sound inside the cabin.

Yep-yep slow 'n' loud is a proud Mustang tradition!