Page 31 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: dodint's Automotive Evolution

Wow. I approve.

Nice.

Thanks.

They got the new hose swapped in and had it detailed on Wednesday but not in time for me to get over there and sign off. Ash has class all day and her name is on the E60 title so we're shooting for doing this tomorrow after work.

Well, the E60 535xi is gone. Was a great car for our needs but the needs changed and if I'm paying for something I want it to be a car I have some passion about.

E63 650i w/sport package

Sorry for the poor pic. I was helping my Dad move last night and this was at his house. It was well after dark but the Galaxy S7 picked up a ton of ambient light but it's also a touch grainy.

360hp out of this V8 is a pretty nice sweet spot. With all the nannies on it will still slightly spin the tires from a dead stop. Turn them all off and you get some nice spin and can do donuts pretty easily; not as readily as the Challenger SRT8 I test drove by any stretch but for a BMW it feels pretty out there. The exhaust note is like a really subdued version of the SLS AMG. Not nearly as shouty but a similar tone. Nothing like the Mustang burble.

It is a GT car though and on the highway it's fantastic. Even with the 19" wheels it's very comfortable. Had the cruise set to 69 on I-70 and was utterly bored, felt like going 30mph. Cockpit is really comfortable and my biggest worry, moving around in bumper to bumper traffic, is easier than I would've though. It's only 1" shorter than the E60 we traded in but it feels a lot smaller for some reason.

The car checks off a lot of boxes and I'm happy that I bought it. I'm going to start working on a snow tire solution. I could go spend $1200 on TireRack but in checking the local classifieds there are actually a bunch of BMW wheels with snow tires mounted on them already from people that must've just traded in their cars. Need to bone up on the sizing and everything but should be able to find something, seems to be a fair bit of 7 series sets out there. The car can accept 18" wheels with those brakes and that's what I hope to find for winter driving.

I plan to take it to one or two Track Night in America events eventually but I'm not at all interested in modifying the car or tracking it extensively. It does feel like it would be a handful with all the systems turned off and sport mode engaged and I want to see what it's like to open it up.

Ash wants me to name it. So far I'm calling it Phil (as in Kessel). Fat and powerful.

<3

That makes me tingle in my loins.

On other fronts I've ordered the MM Full Length Subframe Connectors for the Mustang, those won't be here in time for TNIA next week but should get welded on next weekend.

I located the original MINI lug bolts so this weekend I should be able to do the brakes next week, it's getting slotted cryo treated rotors all around, new pads, and a brake fluid flush. Then I'll finally get it inspected six months after titling it. (It needed tires back then but I never took it for re-inspection after putting the Falkens on).

The MINI is Ash's car now but I still intend to auto-x it from time to time and drive it whenever it's appropriate. She has her own key for the 650i, she can drive it whenever she wants.

Bruh, that is a sweet-ass ride. A road trip in that would be legend.

Thanks mate, I like it.

Hoss.