Page 43 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: dodint's Automotive Evolution

Am wrong for expecting, minimum, $5,500 for this car? I paid $5k for it, sunk $3,900 into it over the summer, and now people trying to get it for, I presume, $5k.

Guy offered me the $5.5k but I have to drive two hours west to show it to him. He's driving from Indianapolis. Which means I'd have to bring the wife.

Final offer is $5.4k and he comes all the way. I enjoy buying more than selling, that's for sure.

Just haven't found the right buyer.

Maybe advertise on some PittRace/autox boards?

Yeah. I mean, it's the worst time of year to sell a RWD V8 track car. I knew I wouldn't get a premium.

I accepted this guys $5.4k offer and then he went completely silent when I gave him my availability. I guess the only reason I care is I want to go to the track next Wednesday and I know as soon as I pay the entry fee this guy will show up with a trailer. Then I have to choose between pissing away $225 or taking the 650 (or MINI, I guess) up there.

Just tell him you'll be out of town next week, and if he wants the car he needs to come get it now or wait til the week following. That gives you a good excuse to reach out to him and confirm his intentions and an out in case he's a flake.

FWIW, I think your price is great. It'd be amongst the cheapest SVTs on the West Coast, probably the cheapest once you factor in the mods. I think it would sell reasonably quickly here. Have you considered ebay? There is a high listing fee but I think you get to leave it up for a really long time. That said, "sold" listings for '96+ Cobras are weaksauce on ebay, so that might suck.

It could be SN95 Cobra butts up too closely with S197 Mustang and the market is weak for essentially comparable cars. I'm sure I'm going to hit that with the XJR - X350s are getting cheap, diluting the market even for a premium X308.
    Last edited by thesameguy; October 10th, 2017 at 10:10 AM.

Springtime would help.

You know there would be a 100/100 chance this is the session I ball it up if I have it sold, right?

I'm not at all desperate to sell. Just forgot how much 'fun' CL selling is. I have free winter indoor storage for it so I don't give a fuck if it sells.

Yes, you will totally wreck it, for sure.

When I decide to sell something I get antsy about moving it, so I definitely understand. If this dude is flaky, fuck him, do what you wanna do and make him work around you. You've got the space and don't need the cash so you're in control.

Well, as "in control" as any Mustang driver is.

Seems appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Had a really informative track night last night. All kinds of weather, really fun. I'll post more later but I'm proud of this, my fastest laps of the night from the last session:

Laps 2-4 are consistent af, and I put a high value on that.

Laps 5-6 are just weirdly coincidental since I was giving point-bys.
    This is about two months old. I never posted it because I had SO MANY QUESTIONS but when I really thought about it there were just too many variables in play for me to nail down a reason why I was 4 seconds slower that day.

The track was resurfaced.
    The track was damp.
    The tires were more worn.
    The ambient temp was much cooler.
    First time running with subframe connectors.

Just so many reasons why I could've been slower, I'm not going to worry about it.

The video is interesting to me (obvs), sorry for the shakiness as I forgot my screw mount and was using a cell phone compression mount (fucking amateur). No spins, just some bobbles through some of the off camber turns. The highlight is, I guess, that in the first session I was one of the ones on actual road tires and not slicks so I was able to catch and pass some cars that are way out of my league, namely the '13 Laguna Seca Mustang and that white Camaro. They had no problem getting me back in the driest session. There was a Corvette that went off in the last session but he got back on before I got there, saw it on another Youtube video. He just pushed wide on the outside of the big u-turn that leads to the front straight.

Last track day of the year is tomorrow. Running a PittRace PDE in Group 2 Solo. Show up and run alternating sessions from 1:30-5:30pm, should be a nice way to end the season. Car is going into my MILs extra garage bay on October 29th if it doesn't sell. It's priced aggressively and I took some legitimate 'for sale' style pictures: https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ct...320932392.html

There is a 'Cobra Clone' priced higher than my car at the moment.

It's a definite deal -- maybe crosspost into some Moostang forums? #svtperf