Page 44 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: dodint's Automotive Evolution

Yeah, I need to put it on SVT Performance, thanks for reminding me. Russ is posting it at rrax, too.

I'm going up your way in a few weeks. Just sayin'.

Ping me, we'll do foods.

Recent track resurfacing would totally do it, especially in not totally dry conditions.

Ran again yesterday. Was an HPDE, not a TNiA event, but I ran G2 Solo so no instruction other than a classroom session. The car is ready for a refresh (brake fluid, pads, tires, other stuff I'm not sure is serious or not, etc) but I got some great laps in early. It was the best I've ever felt, moved some braking points back and committed to blind turns earlier to get some extra time out of it. Unfortunately I think I'm so close to the edge of what I can do with this car and tires that any improvement on the stop watch will require everything to align correctly and it just didn't happen for me. My best lap from yesterday was a 2:15.2 and my PR is a 2:15.0 from before that resurface.

Here are those two laps overlayed on each other, it's plotting MPH over the 2:15.X period with both laps starting at a common point:

It's fairly obvious (now) that my speed into Turn 1 on the gold lap was so much slower (about 14mph) that it wasn't enough to make up for the large improvement I made at the ~40 mark and the ~1:06 mark. I must've, on the gold lap, let someone by on the front straight and completely neutralized my Turn 17 exit speed from the prior lap.

I think I need to just look at that chart and be happy that over the course of the summer I have improved enough that the gold line is almost completely higher than the purple line for the entire duration of the lap. I'm carrying a higher speed through almost every turn on the course, I just need to string together two fast laps in a row so I can get that 'optimal' number that I have in my head, which I put to be around 2:13.5 or so. Oh well.
    The guy next to me in the paddock was in an '07 Shelby GT500 and set a PR at 2:10, so I'm not far off from that and I'm driving an ox cart. But still, not really a fair comparison I think, I don't know his background.

If I'm still driving this car in April it'll be on slicks which I expect to improve my time a good bit. It'll nullify any comparisons to these years numbers, though.

These are the offers that have been made to me so far:

'92 Stealth R/T + $1500
    '11 Chevy Malibu
    '01 Yamaha R6
    $5,700 but I have to drive it 5 hours to Indianapolis for him to test drive.
    $5,500 to the same guy if he picked up, but he no showed.
    $5,000 + a Glock 17
    $5,000
    $4,000
    And a bunch of CL scammers.

None of those folks went beyond the 'make a text offer' stage.

I dropped the price down to $5,200 now that it needs new brake pads and I included the emissions code information in the ad instead of telling people in conversation. Amusingly a guy I was working with last week texted me right after I updated the ad (not knowing I had updated it) asking to come see it tomorrow. So that edit cost me at least $700.

Anything over $5k and I'll be happy to have it gone. The guy was asking how I wanted paid and if I had a notary near the house so those are positive signs. Going to wash and vacuum tonight and get all the little bits together.

Oh, I'm also selling (for a family member) an ~05 Cadillac CTS w/100k miles and a set of snow tires for about $4,000 if anyone needs one.

I feel like I am going to posting the exact same thing in about three weeks when I list the XJR. Poop.

I'm definitely in the same ballpark of loss (or more!) if I sell the Bananastang. Doesn't matter what I do to it.

Sold! Nice old guy, reminds me of Carlo. Wants to cruise it. Has a 97 Maroon GT but a tree fell on it so he's upgrading. Wish him well.

Six months to find either a C5 Z06 or E46 330CI. Or whatever else looks amusing.

Congrats! #2old2race