Page 51 of 98 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: dodint's Automotive Evolution

Really starting to get tapped back into the DMC sphere of influence. I'm weighing the pros/cons of buying something turnkey for around $35-40k or dipping into the mid-$20k range and getting something I would have to make some cosmetic improvements to and catch up on some deferred maintenance.

In particular, this car has my eye. It's in really good shape for the price, about ~$20k, but when I think about how much effort that thing will take to get to the $35k level I get fairly discouraged as I'm a really slow worker in the garage.

http://www.vulpeslibertas.com/DMC/
    http://www.vulpeslibertas.com/DMC/cosmetic.html

There is nothing in there that's irreplaceable but the project list would start out pretty lengthy. I like the idea of doing something like this; for my eventual use I'll need to change and refresh the suspension, brakes, and other stuff on most cars anyway. I just don't have a ton of time because of school.

Forever and always, the most interesting candidates are on the west coast.

Offer made on a really nice car with the Stage II motor/exhaust work already done: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-DeLore...I/142626650053

Financing is squared away, just waiting to hear back from this guy. For some reason with eBay the seller doesn't have to respond to offers until the auction ends. I swear it used to be they had a window of like 6 hours to accept or decline. I don't think his car will sell for the asking price but the auction doesn't end for 28 more hours so that's a lot of pensive waiting.

Jeez, that's annoying.

With that mileage, are you gonna pound miles on it like your other vehicles?

Good luck!

List, offer, counter, counter, counter, accept.

Flying down on the 30th to get it and drive back if the weather holds.

Siiiiick!! #dreamsdocometrue

I didn't pay sticker, that auction still says the full price I think. Negotiation went $42.5k, $36.5k, $40k, $38.5k, $39k.

Yeah that is crazy-cool, Nate. Bravo & congrats!!

To answer your question I'm not thrilled about the idea of driving it to work for a few reasons, but I wouldn't shy away from driving it up to school in Minnesota or out to NCM for a Le Mans party. That's why I spent more on a solid runner, so I can drive it.

That said it's going directly into my MILs extra garage bay until the salt is off the roads.