Page 56 of 98 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: dodint's Automotive Evolution

I'm seriously stoked for you. Can't wait to check it out!

Thanks, you have an open invitation.

Was parsing through the binder of receipts the car came with. Found a bunch of scans of old titles going back to 1992, and also this picture:

The snapshot was captioned "#1 Owner Bob Cleary" and has a southeast Ohio are code. I googled the number and found a couple of ads for an airplane and hot air balloons, seems like the guy has had an interesting life.

If figure this shot is either from the 1992 sale to the second owner (at about 11,000 miles) or when he first got it in 1982. Not sure. Maybe a guy like Bill can make sense of the license plate tags.

Members Only jacket? Hawaiian shirt? Fly-white Keds?

This guy was King Shit of Ohio.

Looks great in the pics, I'm really glad you finally went and bought one!!

That looks like an 80s photo to me, not 90s.

I concur.
    Whoomah!

Needs snow tires and mudflaps, stat!

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    It just dawned on me this is probably one of the most epic GTXf car purchases.
    You guys own some amazing cars, but I agree.

Thanks again for the kind words everyone. I know it's not exactly what each of you would buy, but I appreciate that you can show an interest in a well preserved historically compelling car.

Bryan, I finally got around to test fitting the car with my helmet on. I can get the door shut but it's such a tight space I'm not sure that it's safe for track use for me. I have to slouch down which brings my knees up, almost to the level of being behind the steering wheel. It makes it somewhat hard to operate the, already tight, pedals reliably. And if did have a front end impact I'm reasonably sure I'd break both of my knees.
    I'm going to refurb the speedometer system (convert to a single cable, revert back to the stock 85mph speedo). While I'm doing that I'm going to take out the driver side dash pad and see if that helps things. If it makes it safer I'll consider taking it to a TNiA event but right now I just don't feel safe.

Oh, and that photo was allegedly featured in a DeLorean World magazine some time ago, probably submitted by the original owner. I'm going to try and track it down if I can.

You might also be able to perform a foam-ectomy like some Miata track drivers do. (I don't know exact details but it basically involves cutting some of the foam out of the butt cushion in the seat to lower your hips).