Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is it just me, or are wireless carriers boning customers on new phone prices?

It's unlocked: http://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

And the carriers will start (keep) pushing the Android phones.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    Notable that it looks like you have to start a new plan every time you upgrade, that it just starts at $32 a month but goes as high as $45.75 for the 256GB 7 Plus, that you're responsible for sales tax on the full purchase price and any shipping costs on your first payment, and that they run a credit check on you when you start the program and every time you upgrade.

The most expensive iPhone plan, plus my T-Mobile plan is still cheaper than my old AT&T subsidy ($200 for entry iphone) and cell plan.

(Still not worth it for me, but still)

If you can afford the large up-front fee cost of the phone.

The $30+ per month includes the phone, so there's no other upfront cost (depending on your credit rating).
    Get that weak shit off my track

So to update this, I actually went into the store and the guy figured it out for me. Currently, I pay about $73/mo on my ancient plan, and with one of their new plans, without factoring in a phone payment or anything, it would be like $70/mo. Eff AT&T. Why would I stay with them when they expect me to pay full price for a phone but my monthly bill is no cheaper? I would say that doing away with subsidized phone prices was a mistake, but most people probably aren't observant enough to notice since the cost of the phone is usually divided into so many payments.

Next time you go for a drive, keep your eyes out for the point. You have missed it somewhere along the lines.