Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Motorsport Manager

Thanks!

Grabbed this, thanks!

It hooked me pretty hard and I played three seasons in my first sitting. Took a while to get the race strategizing down but things are going well.

ugh, me too, sat down for what felt like an hour nut it turned out to be 5 hours.
    Squeaked by the bottom tier the first go-around then struggle mightily for the next two season in the next tier up. Finishing second in the second tier pays less than half of winning the bottom tier, so stay there until you dominate.
    My strategy is usually H->H in hopes that I can make one less stop. Totally neglecting driver development.
    Last edited by balki; March 31st, 2017 at 07:34 AM.

I thought the tires were 100% effective until the little graphic ran all the way down. In reality once there is about 30% left my track position would start to get crushed. Once I figured that out I started racking up podiums.

Looking at qualifying times they degrade right away (wish they kept times of all the laps in a race like they do in qualifying)

Yeah. It was a waste putting my fast driver on multi lap qualifying runs, they never once went purple/green in successive laps.

The reason to do multilap qualifying is that they will get back to the pits a little earlier. Send them on a 2 lap qualifying stint, call them in after the end of the second sector, you can some sneak out for a third stint more often.

Very rarely, due to rain or traffic, the second lap can be faster.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I usually set it to three laps, and if the sectors are white white I cancel the lap and bring them in.

The game says that the bad drivers will find a rhythm and do better with more laps, but I've not really seen that.

I saw it was free also and grabbed it even though I generally don't like playing games on my phone. I guess it was to be expected but just be glad you didn't play the pc version first because the android version is soooooooooo sparse by comparison... I had to do a Cam and delete it. It truly made me appreciate the game I have been playing that much more. Not trying to be a snob but after becoming used to what I have, it just wasn't going to ever get played. So I guess if you are all enjoying the mobile version so much, you really should get the pc version at some point because you'll absolutely love it by comparison.

Regarding said PC version. It ended up taking me 6 seasons in the top class before finally claiming the championship. It didn't help my efforts in that after my second full season in the class there was major rules overhaul (not something that you get to vote on) so that all my car development up to that point was made moot. The plus side was that pretty much everyone was on even footing at that point so I didn't have to suffer through another season at the back of the grid.

So after accomplishing that I tried my first mod and I chose the ICE Mod 2017
    It's pretty cool so far, even though the game play is essentially unchanged, all the added details and obviously real life motorsports drivers, teams, personal, series' etc all add a nice bit ambiance to the game. I hope that some day the actual tracks will be mod-able too.