Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Racing Wheel Recommendations (PC)

driving force g29.jpg
    vorführgerät.jpg

I was planning to replace my old and trusty Logitech Driving Force Pro with something modern with clutch and H-shifter and decided to go for a Logitech G29.
    And as I gathered more info I stumbled over an absolute bargain at one of the biggest electronic markets in Germany.

A G29 for just 222 Euro instead of the usual street price of 289 Euro.
    And the Driving Force Shifter for under 44 Euro instead of the usual 60 Euro.

I was glad because I found the last G29 and shifter at our nearby store and what I have totally missed, the wheel was bundled with a copy of F1 2017 SE for the PS4!

So now I try to get rid of the game as quick as possible and it`s an even better deal.
    The shifter was labeled as a demonstration model with full warranty by Logitech and I couldn`t spot or feel a difference to a brandnew one.

Too bad that the G29 doesn`t support the AT/MT shifter of the G25/G27 (I don`t like paddle shifting) but a friend of mine has an adaptor to turn it into an USB device.
    And sooner or later I will find a single G25/G27 shifter too.
    Most modern games support multiple USB devices on the PC so that shouldn`t be a problem.

Nice, good deal!

I'm thinking of taking the real life Momo I had in the E36 and mounting it on the G27. Just need to get a button plate from DSD.

Junior Potato

We've got a similar deal available, but for $399.

And F1 2017 is not a bad game. I've played 2015 a bit and enjoyed it a lot, but never tried it with a wheel, which I think would improve the experience a fair bit.

Many of the sim racing channels on YouTube seem to take it fairly seriously, although not on-par with iRacing, et al. I think you should give it a go before flicking it.

EDIT: unless you really want to sell it, name a fair price and I might grab it off you

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    EDIT: unless you really want to sell it, name a fair price and I might grab it off you
    https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-cons...edition/452573

79 AUD is ~53 Euro and I think I could sell it in my town for 45-50 Euro so I don`t think it would be a deal for me and for you.
    And first I would have to check if it has got english language too.

A friend of mine bought the PC version and he liked the improved handling.

For me modern Formula 1 is boring, I would prefer it more up to the middle of the 80`s.

Now that I got such a nice wheel and a triple monitor setup... does GPL run on Win 10?

P.S.: No PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I'm thinking of taking the real life Momo I had in the E36 and mounting it on the G27. Just need to get a button plate from DSD.
    My friend is totally into GTR2 and he has a racing seat with rumble, a triple 24" (?) setup, a G27 and I guess 7-8 wheels with those button plate.
    But now he is more modding, editing and setting up the cars than racing.

I will keeep the G29 as it is because all those buttons on the wheels are very handy for different sims than racing: ETS2/ATS, On the Road (german truck sim, early access), Spintires and maybe for games like Farming Simulator 2017.

But sooner or later I will buy or DIY a button box because you can never have enough buttons.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by animalica View Post
    79 AUD is ~53 Euro and I think I could sell it in my town for 45-50 Euro so I don`t think it would be a deal for me and for you.
    Fair enough

It would definitely have English, as all EU version games are sold as far afield as AU/NZ. The code on the disc is the same, it's just the printing on the label that changes.

I can recommend Derek Speare Designs button boxes. Quality stuff.

With the DSD mini-plate you can mount a real steering wheel and keep all the buttons. He also sells extended shifter paddles to match the diameter of your new wheel.

That's one of the boxes on the left, but they come in basically endless configurations. When I ordered mine he configured it incorrectly so he sent me the correct one and let me keep the original. Unfortunately I gave it to Ed, who quit sim racing to write vampire stories shortly after, else I'd give it to you.

http://derekspearedesigns.com/

Nice buttonboxes but the pricetag...

He even got worldwide free shipping but everyhing outside the EU is expensive because of additional VAT and customs fees.

BTW - A young guy just picked up F1 2017 SE at home for 50 Euro.

Wow, you'e right. I bought my box way back in 2012 and it was $135 shipped. Whoops. Now I'm twice as annoyed that Ed has the other one.

The mini plates and extended paddles are relatively cheap so I didn't think much of it. My bad.

Get Ed to send it back? I mean, honestly, vampire fanfic??!!