Thread: Dot Tee Oh Ahr

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar

Dot Tee Oh Ahr

Anybody have an invite to a K A T clone?

I'm really teh suck at the occasional pirac y. I miss browsing thru the files and seeing what was new, and having a peek.
    I used to have a demon oid account but then I couldn't get past the main page.

And now, the but kicking one and the cove of buccaneers are now börked for me.

Sorry for the cryptic writing but I don't want to attract the wrong crowd here.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    KAT is fucked, don't bother with it any more. It's gone. Shed a tear and move on.

I've started to use the one fifth down in this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...tTorrent_sites

It's good and comprehensive and even lists the obscure film from 2012 that I was looking for, that no one else seems to have available.

Edit: looking into it just now, it seems that the Demon is back, which is odd because it was taken offline a few years ago.

And to close, if you ever need info or news on the piracy sphere, there's a good legitimate news source: https://torrentfreak.com/
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; August 27th, 2016 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Sorry for the cryptic writing but I don't want to attract the wrong crowd here.
    I think you mean "the right crowd".

If you can access InternetProtocoltorrents (and there are other ways rather than directly via the website) I have invites as long as you keep your ratio up. Not doing so reflects badly on me. Let me know.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I will have a look and come back with some questions.

Thanks, Alan.
    acket.

I thought he buccaneer one was back again? But, then again... I don't really follow these sort of things.

Junior Potato
    TPB is always in a constant state of up/down flux, so nothing can be believed regarding its status.

The only constant is the flakiness of its results, and the 1998-era interface. Oh, and the probably ever present risk of malware, so search smartly.

Junior Potato
    Another thing;

There are many places to find backups of an entire search engine's contents. All it is, is a text file listing thousands of hashes. If you have magnet links set up properly, all one needs to do is paste the hash into the URL bar of a browser and the magnet link setup will automatically activate what needs to be activated in order for the download process to begin. It's almost like setting up an "open with..." dialog in Windows.

Any KAT or TPB mirror simply hosts those magnet links as if they were uploaded there, but it couldn't be further from the truth. It's nothing more than a reposting of a bunch of hashes with an elaborate web interface that mimics the original website.

Here's an example of one. If you're game, click it and see what it dos.