Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2016 SCCA Solo Nationals

"Spec" was tongue in cheek, afaik. It was just like all the other STX E36es that are/used to be out there, which may be why he said "spec."
    Whoomah!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Whoomah!

What's with the Clemson sticker?

Obviously he's a sellout.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Co-driver for Nationals is a Clemson grad (BS94, MS96).

We were Team Land Grant.
    Whoomah!

So I have two thoughts. Part of me wants to build an STX car, see BMW or RX8. Thoughts on this?

Other idea is an STR build on an s2000. Problem is buddy who has the s2000 wants to daily on the coil overs I'd supply. (8200 motons) which cost 800ea. That idea scares the shit out if me with potholes, etc. Thoughts on thjs?

In STX I like the BMW's chances over the RX-8's.
    Whoomah!

Administrator
    I know I didn't see your car pass while biking around Tahoe, but hopefully it didn't disrupt your ride back too much!

Not at all.
    Whoomah!

Copied from a post elsewhere:

Nationals thoughts/review in no particular order:

Parking: 25x25 is pretty generous for one person with one car. My co-driver and I ended up sharing our spots with two other people from our region. An option for half spots might be worthwhile/helpful?

Competition: Very fun. Disappointed that I couldn't hang onto my Day 1 trophy spot (I was seventh!!!), but had a great time regardless. Class competitors were very chill. CaSSino's car went woooo! Rob Luis came from obscurity (ha!) to capture the HS championship we thought he could.

Courses: Like a lot of people, I thought the visuals on the west course were...peculiar. However, I thought it drove fine. I need to learn my codriver's skill at slaloms.

Course-working: as has been previously noted, two-person stations suck. Fortunately, I was at a relatively quiet station on the east (station 1), but still... My station was also two first-timers, FWIW (not that it's any different than working a Tour, just thought I would point that out). I am very happy that I worked Heat 4 on Friday, not Heat 5.

People: met a lot of people that I only knew from online. Very cool. Saw some of our sport's luminaries at a distance--they do actually exist! Neat! Had a good time hanging out with the SFR/AAS folks that made the trip. Had a couple beers in Canada--very fun. Was disappointed that HS ran opposite of AM--I really wanted to see a SRS BZNS A-Mod car attack the course in person.

Banquet(s): Food at the Th/F banquet was noticeably better than on T/W. Weird.

Travel: Wyoming was much more scenic than I expected. Nebraska was pretty dull.
    Whoomah!