Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Supra

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    It's also less than half the price of those cars
    Yes, but those cars battled against each other in the highest classes of Japanese racing. Toyota literally built a gt300 class car with BMW calling the shots.

I have ling been the person vying for a better 350hp, lightweight red platform. But I don't see how this bears any resemblance to the a70 or a80 Supra when you look at dimensions etc.

Junior Potato
    Would it fall in the 370Z range then?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    But that was always the case. BMW and Toyota we’re sharing the platform (and costs) for a new range of sportscars, in the same vein as the Toyota-Subaru deal, so I don’t understand the complaints.
    Because the Supra is more special than the FR-S/BRZ. If they called it anything other than Supra, people would be way more into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Would it fall in the 370Z range then?
    370z starts at 29,995 here in KCMO. That's 332 how and 3200 lbs. Nismo is 350hp and similar weight with better chassis tuning at 45k.

The Supra starts at 49,990. And it doesn't come with a manual.

Z comes standard with manual and needs to be optioned with an optional 7 speed auto.

It hasn't been updated in 5 years, but at that price point. A base z with some bolt on would be my go to.

Hasn't the 370Z been on the market since we were in high school? Of course it's an attractive price point. Everyone that wants one has/had one.

Hush you!

Is the 370 considered a separate gen than the 350? I always look at it as another face-lift/mid-cycle refresh, or whatever. Either way, interesting that Nissan's two sports cars have basically been the same for more than 10 years. Although they have kept doing incremental improvements (and price increases) to the GT-R. If you consider the 370 to be a refreshed 350, I think that platform is closer to 20 years old!

Edit: I remembered that Nissan must consider the 370 separate, given the Z33/34 designations.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; January 18th, 2019 at 03:46 PM.

There was a nice 370z Nismo in the parking lot when I picked up pizza tonight. Still a damn fine looking vehicle. One of the few reasonably priced modern sports cars I would consider buying if I had some money.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    the first Supra off the production line, signed by Akio Toyoda went for $2.1 million at Barrett-Jackson
    Last edited by MR2 Fan; January 20th, 2019 at 09:02 PM.

The 370Z is on the same basic platform as the 350Z, but with lots and lots of changes even beneath the skin (suspension geometry etc). I'd call it somewhere in between a mid cycle refresh and a new model. The good thing is they got a lot of things right (same with the GT-R) and those things are still right.

I'm pretty confident the new Supra will be much faster than a standard 370Z on track.