Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Most Interesting AWD Slushbox

I love when people are so pissed they do stuff like that

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I didn't know that about the Q5 specifically, but the guy at the Porsche dealer had completely drank the Porsche kool-aid (which is good, at least he cares) and was going on and on about how the Macan was engineered to be special and the factory tolerances are so tight and blah blah blah. I wanted to just stop him and say "It's a VAG product, it's probably just slapped together from the parts bin and fitted with body panels that have bumps in all the right places" but he seemed so sincere.
    It is epobbaly better than the Q5, but that's not saying too much I guess.

That website is hilarious. Must show it to my friends.

I *completely* forgot that I made this thread.

Ash really likes the MINI. And the E60 is starting to have some hiccups. We're thinking of giving her the MINI until she graduates from school and I would take over the E60 to trade on something this summer.

Problem is we still need two automatics in case the MINI dies, as it does.

I just can't think of anything at all that I want. Doesn't have to be AWD for me. It can be from any era.

The only good idea I've had is that I should buy the F-series tow vehicle I'll need in a few years, get it out of the way now. Trucks are lamesauce, though. I could also pick up a 5-10 year old Challenger as I imagine they're not really enjoyable as a manual.

TL;DR: What's the best automatic available for an enthusiast owner, under $20k?

I love my lamesauce f150 platinum

Yeah, but you're *literally* lame.

Not according to my surgeon...

Pfft, Doctors. What do they know?

As mentioned in chat, I'm not confident that F150 is capable of towing an enclosed car trailer with tools and spare sets of wheels over the mountains between Pittsburgh and VIR. So I'd be looking at F250s.

I could be wrong. I know very little about trucks. Every time I try to educate myself on them I fall asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    As mentioned in chat, I'm not confident that F150 is capable of towing an enclosed car trailer with tools and spare sets of wheels over the mountains between Pittsburgh and VIR.
    Pretty much any reasonably modern [real] truck should be able to do that assuming the correct options package. Your tow setup is likely going to be 7000-9000lbs (depending on how much you spend on the trailer), not a big deal... that's within the scope of my $1500 '99 Suburban (either 7800lbs or 8700lbs, can't remember - my tow setup is about 6600lbs, easily covered either way). It's always been fine over the Grapevine and even the Sierras.
    Last edited by thesameguy; March 30th, 2017 at 12:04 PM.

I worry more about braking than getting the trailer up the hill. But again, trucks might as well be space shuttles to me.

If you're going to get a real trailer it'll have brakes.