Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Interesting AWD Slushbox

Most Interesting AWD Slushbox

My wife's E60 535xi is starting to annoy me and I'm not sure it's going to last in our household until she graduates from her doctorate program in three years. I'm thinking of pushing her into leasing because all she really wants is a nice car that's under warranty. I prefer interesting cars myself but I'll be damned if I can think of a car that meets her requirements and is cool enough for my liking. She already shot down the AWD Challenger, telling me "buy one if YOU want one."

Needs:
    AWD
    Slushbox
    Nav
    Bluetooth phone and audio. (E60 is phone only, buh)
    Heated Seats, heated wheel is a nice bonus.

What I *wanted* for her was a Z4 Coupe but it's seemingly the only BMW that doesn't come in x-drive and is only offered as a roadster right now, hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

So what's out there? I'm almost completely blind on this segment. Lease would realistically have to fall in the $500-700 a month range so no crazy G-Wagens or anything. When she got t-boned in December we were looking at Focii for a bit, but they got the car fixed.

Sell me something interesting.

Porsche Macan, $699 lease deal: http://porschedealer.com/pfs/details.php?id=7

Jaguar XE 35t AWD, $399 lease deal: http://www.jaguarusa.com/current-offers/xe-offers.html

Audi A5 2.0T Quattro, $399 lease deal, $750 for BMW owners: http://www.theaudiconnection.com/glo...d3c5f17629.htm
    Get that weak shit off my track

The Volvo XC90 is supposedly really nice, as the Subaru VX (maybe too cheap for your budget? [WTF!?!])

Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    The Volvo XC90 is supposedly really nice, as the Subaru VX (maybe too cheap for your budget? [WTF!?!])
    Budget doesn't have a floor. She's paying less than $400 for her loan right now. I just didn't want to handcuff suggestions by being too cheap with the ceiling.

Keith comes in with a great suggestion that tickles the ceiling, go figure.

Subaru Crosstrek or WRX? STi or VW Golf R if you're feeling rich?

I have driven and like the WRX STI. She doesn't fit the, err, profile for that car by any stretch though.

She's been kicking the tires on the idea of moving to an Audi, and I don't blame her.
    Last edited by dodint; September 7th, 2016 at 12:10 PM.

Also, Cadillac ATS Coupe can be had with AWD and the lease prices are around $350.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Also, Cadillac ATS Coupe can be had with AWD and the lease prices are around $350.
    This was where my mind went first, I just can't remember what her hangup with Cadillac is. I think we both assumed she hated them but I talked to her about that exact thing about a month ago. I just can't remember what was said.

I'm certain if I took her to a Cadillac dealer, put her in an ATS, and had her test drive it she would love it. Especially if it means a drop in payment.

Nice thing about Cadillac is there is a dealer less than 20 miles away. Porsche/BMW are in Minnesota.

Nissan Juke Nismo RS?

Sure.