Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Most Interesting AWD Slushbox

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Porsche Macan, $699 lease deal

Just wanted to commend you again on this recommendation. We went this weekend and checked one out. We declined the test drive because we knew we weren't buying, but we got to crawl in and around one and Ashley was really, really impressed. The pictures don't give it's presence any justice, honestly. She wants to look at the Audi and the ATS and some other stuff before we start talking about getting her an upgrade but this was a really nice start.

My personal take: We added it to the short list because it's shorter than the E60. When we got there I discovered that it feels like a YUGE vehicle. I thought, having never seen one in person, that it was going to be an X1 sized tarted up 911. It turns out it's more like a slightly smaller Cayenne. It's 4 inches wider than the E60 BMW. Also a very tall vehicle.

Not sure it will be the one, the idea was to go smaller than the E60 to get around in city life better and it's such a wide vehicle. She got her car accident check this week and put $8K of it towards the E60 loan so that car will be paid off this winter and we'll start making real decisions when our 'moving to Pittsburgh' situation settles down.

Thanks for the update
    Get that weak shit off my track

Thank you, sir. Was a fun day. The dealer was around the corner from the Carmax. Was fun going from the Abarth to the Macan. Different worlds.

I am really impressed with the new Lincoln Continental.

Are they building it?

Already built!

Well no shit...

I really liked the one I saw at the auto show. I thought it was just a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I thought, having never seen one in person, that it was going to be an X1 sized tarted up 911. It turns out it's more like a slightly smaller Cayenne. It's 4 inches wider than the E60 BMW. Also a very tall vehicle.

Not sure it will be the one, the idea was to go smaller than the E60 to get around in city life better and it's such a wide vehicle.
    I'm quite surprised given that it's only got 5 seats, and is based on the Q5.

I don't know if Porsche's "extensive re-engineering" of the Q5 platform has fixed it, but my 2 friends with Q5s hate theirs (constant random noises/problems that cost a shitload and require several visits to fix) and will never buy an Audi again.

I didn't know that about the Q5 specifically, but the guy at the Porsche dealer had completely drank the Porsche kool-aid (which is good, at least he cares) and was going on and on about how the Macan was engineered to be special and the factory tolerances are so tight and blah blah blah. I wanted to just stop him and say "It's a VAG product, it's probably just slapped together from the parts bin and fitted with body panels that have bumps in all the right places" but he seemed so sincere.