Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars have wheels (My cars and stuff thread). Kiwi!

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Right, you Americans and American car lovers. Here's a few hundred local (or mostly lower South Island perhaps) American muscle cars for you to gawk over. Forgot i had this footage, so edited it all together this morning.

The red Mustang in the background of the video cover pic below is a former SEMA show car which lives just down the road from me (he's also got a Shelby Cobra replica and Ferrari F430, plus a few BMW's), and it's a turbo/twin turbo pushing around 600hp or so. Near the end of the vid you can hear him boot it a little down the road.

Cars heading to the right are heading up along a popular dead end beachside drive, if you were wondering.

And the guy with the Viper also lives near me (same as my mate with the RT/10 in my post above) and apparently has over 40 cars? Including a silver R35 GT-R, a Skyline GT-R being built, a Ford GT40 replica (louder than the Viper) and so on.

Crapload of nice cars in my area.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; July 23rd, 2018 at 08:14 PM.

Pink was playing here last night, so places like our railway station (apparently one of the most photographed buildings in New Zealand) used pink lighting to welcome her.

Camera was on AUTO+ mode, as i was in the middle of the street while parked in a cycle lane and didn't bring my tripod and didn't want to get run over and too lazy and forgot how to take night pics already and didn't want someone to jump out of the bush and take my car and still too lazy and running out of excuses as to why these pics could have been better.

Had actually planned to take pics of the reflections on the car, closer to the station, but there were too many people parked in that area, and when i went back after midnight the lights were off.

She is awesome!

Another day, another cruise with mates

Was just us three at first, went for a drive out to the albatross colony (only mainland one in the word)

Then an R34 GT-T and S14 joined us

Later on the Viper and GTS-t had a drag race...

But since my wee GTS could keep up with a turbo Skyline, it clearly wasn't an actual race.

Never thought I would say this, but the rt10 in white is solid.

Ahh, yeah. About that. It's now black. He painted it in his garage. Not really sure why, but yeah. It does look nice in black though.

Welp peeps, i've added another car to the fleet, and before you say it I KNOW IT'S NOT PINK, but they had no pink ones for the right price.

To relive my Gran Turismo days, i bought a Vitz RS/Yaris RS/Echo RS etc today.

Paid $1,800NZD...

It's been sitting at the dealership for the past 10,000 km's, possibly because it has 300,000 km's on the odo (305 to be exact). It has clear coat coming off the bonnet, broken front bumper near the front right spotlight, paint missing from a side skirt, a glasses holder in the dash that's missing a latch and a couple other minor things.
    I suspect all that is why it's been sitting there so long, the guy even said they almost sold it recently till the girl came in with her dad to see it then she got put off by the paint condition on the bonnet.

Due for a service shortly so wil take it to my mechanic and see what he thinks of it.

It's a really peppy wee car though (110 hp), fourth gear from 50km/h to 100km/h seemed to be over in a couple of seconds. Engine sounds nice and smooth running. No noises from the suspension (and it handles great with the tighter RS suspension). Gear changes are nice and easy/smooth. Etc etc.

Main thing i'd be concerned about is the engine with it's km's. But in saying that the dealer said his brother has one that's done 400,000 km's and still going strong, so...

It was sold in a 'as is where is' condition (for that price its understandable) so fingers crossed Toyota reliability doesn't let me down.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; June 3rd, 2019 at 08:07 PM.

They're shitloads of fun, I've had a couple of those 1500 RS's

It needs a pink wrap.

STAT

Actually quite surprised at the grunt of it, it got up one of our local hills in 5th gear tonight without needing to change down, unlike wifeys Skyline GTS where you have to go down to 4th or 3rd.

It does seem like a really fun car, bit reluctant to go too mental driving it though as only bought it for an around town car. But maybe one day i'll enter a local 1/4 mile event in it if one ever gets held again.

Even though it's my car, wifey would kill me if i put a pink wrap on it as she likes purple.

They're low geared, and bags of torque (but no top end). Makes them good on hills. The main downfall is open diff, as you'll be a one wheeler peeler out of corners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz9UpnuZvr8 <--- that's me doing a hillclimb in the one I owned. You'll note complete lack of revving enthusiasm, and that one had been tinkered with a bit.