Thread: Cars have wheels (My cars and stuff thread). Kiwi!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar

Cars have wheels (My cars and stuff thread). Kiwi!

Now that i have your undivided atten.....

Wow, really - you didn't even read the first sentence before clicking the back button?

Okay, for those of you still with me.

I drive cars. I get drives in cars. I see cars/trucks. I video cars/trucks/cats. Etc.

I'll chuck vids on here occasionally. None of the road vids involve breaking speed limits, cutting corners or doing anything illegal, as don't want to Police to come knocking at my door. I could just move the door i suppose, but then they'd probably still find it if they walk around the house. :/

Anyways, here's a few vids i prepared earlier;

Okay, this one i didn't film, but it's taken in 2003 in a 1973 C110 Skyline while following me and Dad in the GTS-4 (he was driving, as it was his back then) and two R32 GTS-t's. Filmed with a cellphone, but remember back in the day this was good quality.

Next, my first ever grasskhana/motorsport of any type was on this day (back in 2008) i think, and first time i've purposely thrown a car around in an open space with the intention of going fast/getting the back out. Quite noobish, but still not bad car control considering i'd only ever really got my car control experience from GT2/GT3 and possibly Gran Turismo 4 too at the time. Doesn't make it any easier with the fact that i was driving my GTS-4, which is automatic and features luxury items such as turbo lag, and a 4WD system that engages the front wheels only when the rear ones lose tration. And a clicky CV joint. And a while after this vid, a 95% blocked radiator.

https://youtu.be/iFCNC7ScgAY?t=232 (can't embed while starting the vid part way through?)

Later in the day i got a little faster: https://youtu.be/CLh6CUC4pzI?t=47

Fast forward a bit, and you get the time when the 4 broke the straps on the dyno and came off. It's 119kw (should be 134kw or something?) of raw power which was running rich, and occasionally switching to five cylinders or 'missing', was too much for them.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; September 30th, 2016 at 09:56 PM.