Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars have wheels (My cars and stuff thread). Kiwi!

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Cheers.

At my car meet last Sunday i parked up beside a mates R32 GT-R (one of the 3-4 R32 GT-R's i've driven), since both cars have the same colour and smoked indicators. For sale for only $39,000NZD if you want to buy it.

Let's play spot the difference!

R32 GT-R v R32 GTS

You can see how much more flared the GT-R's guards are compared to the non GT-R

Pretty sure my lights were supposed to be white.

Nice backsides

Moar flare
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; June 2nd, 2018 at 11:20 PM.

Neat.

Totally random, but I don't recall ever seeing a rear wiper on a window so steep. Here they only really show up on wagons/hatches.

Sharp!

Also, the slightly yellow tinge can't possibly be noticeable in real life, no?

Oh, random indeed - to me it seems normal but i can't say it's something i've thought about before. Some people actually remove the rear wiper - not sure why though.

And no novi, it's nice and white normally.

Here's a pic from today at a Wings & Wheels show i put a club display in (even though half the cars have never been to one of our meets before, but too many club members are selling their cars lately!).

2x R32 Skyline GTS coupes
    3x R32 Skyline GTS-t coupes (unless one was a GTS?)
    1x R32 Skyline GTS-t sedan
    2x R32 Skyline GT-R coupes
    1x R33 Skyline GT-R coupe
    1x R35 GT-R coupe
    1x Z32 300ZX coupe
    1x S13 Silvia coupe
    1x S15 Silvia coupe
    1x P11 Primera wagon

Wifey's car is the gunmetal one to the right of my one (in the middle).

Seen a heap of R33 GT-R's before, but today was the first time i've ever seen a red one. Looks damn nice in that colour.

There was also a black R32 GT-R and white R34 GT-R V-Spec II at the show, but the guy was using them to attract people to his car yard's display.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; April 30th, 2018 at 09:28 PM.

So, anyone in the know about extractor/header wrapping?

My wife has hers wrapped on her R32 GTS, and i do on mine too. Noticed on her car the other week that underneath the wrapping they are rusted to *&%@. Can probably poke right through the metal with your finger, it's that bad. :/

So a bit worried about my car now. It's got an electric fan instead of the viscous one, so a little concerned that it may not cool the car as much, especially with the extra heat of unwrapped extractors? But then again, i don't really race it, just drive it every now and then to keep everything running smooth.

Google generally says don't wrap unless you're a racer. Both our cars came to us wrapped already, we didn't do it ourselves.

And also, in removing it do you have to wear gloves? Think i read somewhere that it has fibres in it that aren't good for hands etc?

An electric fan is likely to be more effective than a viscous one.

Also, unwrapped extractors are unlikely to be causing you daily driving difficulties, unless they run very close to wiring, brake master cylinder etc.

Hmm, should get onto that then. I keep forgetting about taking the wrapping off.

Well, today i took the GTS-4 out and went for a cruise with a mate in his RT/10. Still a bit of frost/ice around early on but most of the roads we went on were surprisingly grit free (yay, as we both cleaned the cars prior).

It's not that much wider than the Skyline, but it is wider.

Following him along the peninsula to climb up a hill (which also goes to NZ's only/oldest castle - even though there's a run down one on the other side of the city, and a recently built one an hour north)

Mmmm, uphill hairpins

And parked up near the castle (not close enough to see)

Mmm, shiney

The difference between 205 wide tyres, and 335 wide tyres...

Another pic for good measure. He had to bend the struts of the spoiler to fit it on the boot, and to lower the height of it.

He said i can drive it one day, but then kinda put me off it when he said you only need to pretty much touch the accellerator pedal to get the stupidly fat rear wheels spinning. Even in the dry on a hot day he says it has no traction. And they are good top range tyres too.

This Viper used to be yellow, and was originally based in Japan (from new i think?). He's thinking of painting it black, as they did a rush job on this white and there's some nasty runs in places.

And finally, this was Dunedin today, just after we left the spot in the pics above. If you squint you can see our massive skyscrapers (nothing over nine stories high) near the harbour.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; June 2nd, 2018 at 11:50 PM.

Beautiful scenery and driving roads there.

Very nice, Skys.

Cheers guys, and agreed. In a matter of minutes (less than half an hour) you can drive from the city centre to dense native bush scenery (also goes right through the city, in a 'town belt', at least three beaches, the harbour and peninsula (as above with the Viper), farmland, forests and 'bare' land with grasses/tussocks and rocks etc. Not many cities in the world can boast that. I've been to plenty of places around NZ and there's nowhere else i'd rather live.

After spending ages (10:30am to about 3:30pm) today cleaning the 4 (don't usually clean the cars in Winter, but it was a nice warm day), then scratch removing the whole car (made a little bit of a difference, but still plenty of scratches left) and then cleaning with a special cleaning wax (Meguiars Deep Crystal Cleaner Wax) i took off for a wee drive up to one of the city lookouts and nicked a few pics before the sun buggered off.

In this photo you can see our massive skyscrapers (better than you can in my last pic).

(i) Can kinda tell the difference as to what it was like before, scratch wise

And looking towards Central Otago ways (over those hills)

Not bad for a 28 year old car with factory paintwork i suppose?
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; July 16th, 2018 at 10:06 PM.